Texas Fishing Forum

Every once in a while.....

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Every once in a while..... - 07/08/19 11:58 PM

you get lucky and find a gem. We found this tree three years ago but didn't fish it until yesterday. The fish were there by the hundreds but were reluctant to bite. They would attack the bait but not eat it, just nip it. We finally caught several so we know for sure they were crappie. Only a few were keepers so most were probably small but I can't wait
to try it again. Going to try the "sneak attack" on them next time. We video'd it fo 30 min. I just posted a couple of min. so you could see what was there.

Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: Every once in a while..... - 07/09/19 12:05 AM

You need to try my dive bomb strategy. [Linked Image]

Re: Every once in a while..... - 07/09/19 12:10 AM

Trust me , we did. We tried small jigs, big jigs, medium-large minnows (didn't have any small ones) . I think most of them were 6"-8" long and they just pecked on our baits. We probably caught 20 but only 5 were legal. Was exciting though when we first saw the tree on livescope.

I don't mind sharing the location if anyone is interested. it was west of twin tree point. eek

Re: Every once in a while..... - 07/09/19 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by ERNEST PATY
I don't mind sharing the location if anyone is interested. it was west of twin tree point. eek

Prepare for your inbox to explode. roflmao
Posted By: SK.

Re: Every once in a while..... - 07/09/19 12:40 AM

Do you prefer using the down over the forward imaging?

Another reason I say these fish are to funny for any kind of electronics to greatly affect their population.....
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Every once in a while..... - 07/09/19 12:51 AM

clap

Re: Every once in a while..... - 07/09/19 01:42 AM

I USE DOWN MOST OF THE TIME ONCE I FIND THE COVER.

You may be right, I can't usually get many on a spot to bite.

Re: Every once in a while..... - 07/09/19 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by ERNEST PATY
Trust me , we did.

Ernest no way you use my dive bomb strategy with that music. Put this on, and get aggressive.. [Linked Image]

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum