Texas Fishing Forum

Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle...

Posted By: Action_Jackson

Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/02/19 04:08 PM

Took a trip out for some much needed thump therapy an the slabs didn’t disappoint! Started out using a small profile jig from Limits Tackle an the slabs couldn’t resist it! I tried a lil something different an fished with a wedge head jig that darts through the water! The fish couldn’t stand it an would knock the living ish outta the jig roflmao ! Even dink’s hit hard like freight trains! I was hesitant at first because of using a smaller hook but found that the slabs were being hooked right in the hard part of their top lip an slung in the boat with ease! I’m normally using a #4 or bigger hook but this may just be my go to for the summer slabs. Didn’t take long to get a double limit of nice slabs for the ride home!

Bait: Limits Tackle 1.5” split tail in Cajun Cricket/White Chart
Jig head: Wedge Head 1/8, #6
Lake: Hell idk...I ate a sausage biscuit an passed out grin
Technique/ Presentation: Pitching the jig an they would know fire from it on the fall
Depths: 24’ fow, 16-18’ down...few came from the inches off the bottom

If you don’t have any Limits Tackle in your jig box you’re missing out! No, I’m not on pro staff or anything...I just believe in using great products from great folks! Better getcha some cheers

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Buff2

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/02/19 04:32 PM

congrats
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/02/19 05:24 PM

Great report!!!! thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/02/19 08:44 PM

Awesome post A.J.! food

Side Note: I need to add one of these!

[Linked Image]

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/02/19 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Awesome post A.J.! food

[Linked Image]

Banker...that was the only thing missing!!! Gotta have a Modelo for the wash down cheers
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/02/19 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Action_Jackson
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Awesome post A.J.! food

[Linked Image]

Banker...that was the only thing missing!!! Gotta have a Modelo for the wash down cheers

Yes Sir!
cheers
Posted By: Captain Yakker

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/02/19 09:12 PM

If you have a vegetable garden, dig a trench and empty those carcasses into it. You’ll thank me later.

Nice job! I’m going to look into some of those wedge heads.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/02/19 10:42 PM

WTG Action!!! foodLookin Good thumbWhy I didn`t get an invite ?IDK crying
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/02/19 11:36 PM

food great report!
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/03/19 12:25 AM

Great Post!!
Posted By: SK.

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/03/19 03:55 AM

I tell you what those 1/8 #6 wedge heads jigs are some bad to the bone hooks from Limits Tackle..... You're totally right they bite those crappie right in the roof of their mouths and they don't let go..... Super stout for a #6 hook and hold form well.....
Look like you had a great catchn trip and oooohhhhweeee do that plate look tasty.....
Cool pics too.....
Thanks for sharing your successful trip and you have some great advise on those Limits Tackle split tails..... Stay At'um.....

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/03/19 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Yakker
If you have a vegetable garden, dig a trench and empty those carcasses into it. You’ll thank me later.

Getcha a few of those wedge heads, you wont be disappointed wink

Originally Posted by Fishbonz

Bonzzz...we'll link up soon for some slab "action" thumb

Originally Posted by SK.
I tell you what those 1/8 #6 wedge heads jigs are some bad to the bone hooks from Limits Tackle..... You're totally right they bite those crappie right in the roof of their mouths and they don't let go..... Super stout for a #6 hook and hold form well.....
Look like you had a great catchn trip and oooohhhhweeee do that plate look tasty.....
Cool pics too.....
Thanks for sharing your successful trip and you have some great advise on those Limits Tackle split tails..... Stay At'um.....

Yea buddy ya better believe those are my go to's for the summer slabs! I was surprised they would hook and hold a crappie the way that they do. I've been trying different recipes other than frying all the time an I now have a new 2nd favorite, good ol blackening!!! thumb Split tails have great "action" goin down the water column!

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/03/19 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by SK.
Cool pics too.....

Yea buddy ya better believe those are my go to's for the summer slabs! I was surprised they would hook and hold a crappie the way that they do. I've been trying different recipes other than frying all the time an I now have a new 2nd favorite, good ol blackening!!! thumb Split tails have great "action" goin down the water column!

Which seasoning did you use?

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/03/19 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by SK.

Originally Posted by SK.
Cool pics too.....

Which seasoning did you use?

[Linked Image]

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... - 07/03/19 08:34 PM

Thanks.....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum