Texas Fishing Forum

Granger Lake

Posted By: NoMinners

Granger Lake - 07/02/19 01:48 AM

Anybody fish Granger on a regular basis? I can’t remember where the entrance is to the channel to go up river.
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Granger Lake - 07/02/19 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by NoMinners
Anybody fish Granger on a regular basis? I can’t remember where the entrance is to the channel to go up river.
Taylor park

Re: Granger Lake - 07/02/19 08:02 AM

Taylor Park is not the entrance to the channel, it’s the closest ramp but that’s all. Thank you.
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Granger Lake - 07/02/19 02:41 PM

I hear the larger crappie moved out to the bp's on the main lake.

Re: Granger Lake - 07/02/19 03:54 PM

We’re actually chasing cats, just can’t find the cut through the trees.
Posted By: Krappie-King

Re: Granger Lake - 07/02/19 05:04 PM

[Linked Image]

That channel is extremely difficult to navigate, but this is the line I normally take. Entrance is on the north side
Posted By: sticknstring

Re: Granger Lake - 07/02/19 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Krappie-King
[Linked Image]

That channel is extremely difficult to navigate, but this is the line I normally take. Entrance is on the north side

X2. this is the route I use too. Years ago this was the only route you would use. nowadays I see alot of folks running that south shore from the ramp-but I wouldn't know how/where from that angle.
One thing for sure-extremely difficult to navigate as krappie king has stated. Be patient and don't try to "speed things up" moving through there.

Re: Granger Lake - 07/02/19 05:46 PM

That’s the way we always went seven years ago also. Where’s the entrance from the open lake side. I’ll remember once I get into the first cut.
I have a 1956 Lonestar, 14 ft. Jon that will go in very shallow water. Should I try easing my way straight down side of Taylor Park and just go straight thru? I heard in the past that a boat like mine can do that. I have a spotter up front to help navigate.
I wish somebody would use flagging tape and mark it. I think your horizontal line to the left is the entrance, I missed that when I wrote first paragraph? About how many yards of right hand bank? I looked Saturday and just could not find it.
We’ve done good upriver on cats in the past. Plus there’s shade trees!!!
Thank you

Re: Granger Lake - 07/02/19 07:48 PM

The yellow line is the entrance to the San Gabriel river.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Krappie-King

Re: Granger Lake - 07/02/19 08:18 PM

I've seen people go through the south side of the lake by Taylor park, but there is no clear cut channel. I have a shallow running duck boat with a jack plate and still don't mess with it. The best way to find the channel is to start on the north side. It's pretty hard to push too far north as there is a thick line of trees along the bank. I would screen shot that photo and run google maps on your phone while driving.

Re: Granger Lake - 07/02/19 08:27 PM

Can you tell me how to on a IPhone?
Posted By: SaltyDawg88

Re: Granger Lake - 07/03/19 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Krappie-King
[Linked Image]

Nope.. that is not it at all! The pic below is though. laugh

[Linked Image]

Attached picture Granger_River_Track.PNG

Re: Granger Lake - 07/03/19 09:17 AM

Got it, thank you!!

Re: Granger Lake - 07/03/19 11:04 AM

OP the Navionics app is a great tool to have on your phone. It's cheap and a good tool to have even if you have Navionics on your fish finder. I use it a lot of scout and plan before my trip.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/boating-marine-lakes/id744920098

Re: Granger Lake - 07/04/19 12:21 AM

Little 9.9 four stroke lost oil pump this morning, what a POS!!! Will never own another Mercury or four stroke outboard. I’m going to fix it myself, sell it, and get a Suzuki, Yami, or OMC two stroke from the earlier years. Guess it’ll be awhile before I look for the channel.
Posted By: Nekro

Re: Granger Lake - 07/06/19 05:20 PM

disregard found Canoe launch, San Gabriel Wildlife Management Area where i can launch a kayak
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum