Texas Fishing Forum

PK Lake

Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

PK Lake - 07/01/19 07:15 PM

Went to the lake today to fish a little and see if the water was still muddy. Well PK is clearing up very nicely. Only muddy water was right outside of Rock Creek Camp. The rest of the lake from Bee Creek to Rock Creek has cleared up nicely and is now only mildly stained. Bee Creek is just to the south of Sandy Beach, I ran my boat from there up Cedar Creek a little ways then onto Rock Creek area. The crappie were not biting for me so I took a nice long boat ride, cruised at around 38 mph, not bad for and old 78 Ranger with a 77 Evinrude 115hp motor, I put in at north D&D. Very few boats were on the water. Nice Day..
Posted By: gborg

Re: PK Lake - 07/02/19 12:25 PM

Did you mark any fish in Bee ??
Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

Re: PK Lake - 07/02/19 11:43 PM

Man I could have used you last week. Went there for the first time since 1980. We had a cabin in the cove just north of Sandy Beach. Would catch the [censored] out of crappie in a cove at the end of broadway. We put in at South D&D. The last night we fished Fox hollow at the telephone poles that have lights on them. Caught some of the most amazing perch. It was about midnight when I realized that I did not have a spot light on my boat. I drove by instruments. lol At one point leaving Fox Hollow I made a quick right turn as I thought I as about to hit the back of a boat. It was at that point, I realized that the channel markers had beautiful flashing lights on top of them. Would head towards one, then find the next, looking at my graph to be safe and made it back. I have to say, I needed a change of underwear at that point.

Here is a little video I made of the trip. You might enjoy it.

Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: PK Lake - 07/03/19 02:53 AM

roflmao Chris I have watched thisvid & one on Palestine. Take care of that beauty of a boat. Love pk. and that part of n. tx remember boy scout camp there, rained a ot lol..Chris is your bud's lease near norh end of p.k.?? I had one there in late 80 s near Graford, it looks familiar. Great vid man.
Posted By: gborg

Re: PK Lake - 07/03/19 12:47 PM

Not the target fish, however, lots of fun on light tackle. Nice save by the way . I lost 3 poles with Curado 200 reels in 2017 in Peanut. Great video.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: PK Lake - 07/03/19 04:05 PM

I crappie fish all the time at PK. For every crappie I catch I get about 10 of those huge perch. Those perch are great eating and fight hard on light tackle.
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: PK Lake - 07/04/19 01:45 PM

No, there were no fish to mark at Bee Creek.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: PK Lake - 07/04/19 04:11 PM

Things are very strange after the floods Tom. I could not find any even at the No Fishing gas dock. Guess I will just have to keep perch fishing, since that is what I catch most often fishing for Crappie at PK.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum