Texas Fishing Forum

Monkey business is good business!

Posted By: red snappa

Monkey business is good business! - 07/01/19 03:34 PM

This year started out with the death of a very dear friend of mine January 4. This was followed by the death of my father on May 9, then the death of my oldest brother's wife on June 9. During the mean time, my step mother has had half of her tongue removed due to stage 3 cancer and is at Baylor Medical in Dallas recovering. I really needed a day to myself and decided to hit a small local county lake. As I got into my boat to head out, I had a talk with the Lord and asked for a little break. He answered in an epic way! I started scanning and stopped on a submerged tree about 20 yards from the ramp that was loaded. I got my limit of 25 on the first 26 drops! I continued scanning and catching. I quit wasting time with the counter at 113 and kept fishing and catching for another 2.5 hours! I left em biting. All the crazy catching action definitely kept my mind far from the troubles! I thank the Lord for a fantastic day on the water and the peace it brought me.
I caught all my fish on Thermocline Lures mini tadpoles in Monkey Business and Ice Shad paired with a 1/8 oz Mad Crappie Jigs head in pink. Monkey Business was definitely the winner with the Ice Shad running a close second. Fish were caught from 2' FOW to 20 FOW. Pitching and letting the jig fall in front of them, got SMACKED every time.
Ask and you shall receive, sometimes faster than you expect!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Buff2

Re: Monkey business is good business! - 07/01/19 03:43 PM

Congrats on getting away for a moment to reset
Posted By: HV Lurenut

Re: Monkey business is good business! - 07/01/19 05:20 PM

Nothing like a day on the water to clear your mind. The focus of lure presentation lets you set the world aside for a time. I pray the fortunes of you and those close to you soon turn to the better.
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Monkey business is good business! - 07/01/19 05:32 PM

Awesome!!!...The Lord definitely answers!! banana
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Monkey business is good business! - 07/01/19 07:07 PM

I am sorry for your losses this year. Hope and prayers are sent for your step mother. So happy that you were able to get away from it all for a day and pick up some great eating fish. Take Care, and thanks for the report.
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Monkey business is good business! - 07/01/19 07:25 PM

Nice work Snappa cheers
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Monkey business is good business! - 07/01/19 08:33 PM

I recently stopped by Todd's and got a couple bags of the 1 1/2 and 2 inch of the Ice shad and Monkey business. Crappie kill'em.

fish
` hooked
Posted By: pop r

Re: Monkey business is good business! - 07/01/19 08:40 PM

Awesome day on the water and a much needed trip to clear your head. Prayers are sent for your step mother. angel2
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Monkey business is good business! - 07/01/19 09:27 PM

clap
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Monkey business is good business! - 07/01/19 11:39 PM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Monkey business is good business! - 07/02/19 12:36 AM

Great Post Red Snappa.

I am truly sorry for the rough start and personal losses this year that you have had to deal with.

I am glad you had a wonderful day on the water.

God Bless.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Monkey business is good business! - 07/02/19 02:12 AM

Great story Snapper.
HE has a way of letting us know who is really in charge. Your trust in HIM definitely shows. thumb
Posted By: Captain Yakker

Re: Monkey business is good business! - 07/02/19 03:26 AM

Absolutely wonderful and much deserved day of hydro therapy. I too, hope that things will get better and brighter for you in the coming days.

All the best,

Greg
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum