[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I read the news headlines daily and it is truly heartbreaking some of the stuff that takes place around this world.

One of the articles we lost a Police Chief down in Galveston Bay who was knocked in the water while fishing on his day off by a large boat wake and he was not wearing a life jacket. He drowned.

Another was about two senseless deaths over road rage. A Marine Veteran cut off another vehicle and rolled his window down to apologize at the stop light. The other driver got out and shot the Marine. The Marine returned fire. They both died. Why? Road Rage.

Just a couple of events that stuck in my mind from last few weeks and they were totally avoidable. I feel bad for the families involved.

My father has been dealing with some serious health issues and in the last 4 weeks he has been taken to the hospital by ambulance twice and admitted 3 times. I was extremely worried because we were not identifying the issue causing the problems.

They finally figured out the issue and it is being addressed thankfully.

I learned a long time ago not to sweat the small stuff in life.

Life is the most "Precious Gift" anyone could ever receive.

My wife and son being Paramedics I have seen just how quickly "Life" can be taken from anyone of us without warning at anytime.

If you ever find yourself getting riled up at the boat ramp due to others lack of courtesy or lack of etiquette on the lake, or for whatever reason you are getting riled up.
While you probably have every right to be upset...remind yourself don't sweat the small stuff in life.

I have had my own fair share of bad days. We all have bad days.

When I am having a bad day I think of the folks at the cancer wards or burn clinics around the country at any given hospital and remind myself what true problems really are in life.

Reflecting on all of the above along with my own family health scares with my father is what gives me great joy to be able to share with you the above pictures.

I honestly did not know a week ago if I would ever get my father on the water again with the way things were trending. Prayers work.

My father felt well enough I was able to get him on the water Wednesday and Thursday. I was crying tears of joy to see him catching Crappie. He does not know that...but I was. It was most excellent.

We managed our 50 on Wednesday and we gave those 50 to the owner of my Dry Cleaners she loves Crappie as much as we all do. They are in the Blue Tub on ice.

We managed another 50 yesterday and we displayed those on the cleaning table. I was able to get pictures of my Father and Mother together, my Father and I, and my Mother and I. Making Memories.

Then I threw in a few shots of Dad holding up a couple Crappie and a shot of the stuffed live well and our finished Crappie Fillets. I actually had Crappie last night. It was so Awesome.

Rods used: Dad used an ACC 8 Footer. I used an ACC 10 Footer.

Line used: Power Pro Super Slick Braid in 20# in Aqua Green with Vanish Gold Fluorocarbon Leader in 8#.

Lews Mach Speed Spool SLP Baitcasters.

Jigs: All Hand Tied Feathers 1/8 ounce and 1/16 ounce.

Colors Used: Green Body with a Green Tail. Dark Purple Body with a Yellow Tail. Lavender Body with a White Tail. Pepto Bismol / Bubble Gum color Pink Body with a Royal Blue Tail.

98% of the fish came off the Pink Body with a Royal Blue Tail. Why?

I have no idea, but I sure would love to be able to ask a Crappie.

Maybe they all had indigestion from all the FRY they have been eating these days. roflmao

Depth 12-16 Feet in 20-30 feet of water.

Concrete.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Wishing everyone Tight Lines and Live your Life to the Fullest.

Hope you enjoy reading this post as much as I enjoyed being able to write and share this post.

Posted By: fishinman

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/14/19 04:04 PM

Nice write up... Hope your Dad continues to improve!
Good fishin!
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/14/19 04:04 PM

Nice write up... Hope your Dad continues to improve!
Good fishin!
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/14/19 04:46 PM

Good stuff right there. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/14/19 05:56 PM

Glad they found your dad's problem, great fishing and making memories. Well done.
Posted By: Lake Life

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/14/19 07:30 PM

A lot of insight and wisdom right there. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Slab Killa

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/14/19 08:04 PM

Great stuff! So glad he got well so you guys could share that time together.
Posted By: Craphacman

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/14/19 08:15 PM

Lots of good advice in there. Very well said.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/14/19 08:59 PM

clap
Posted By: PStep

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/14/19 09:25 PM

Memories everybody there will remember forever!
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/15/19 01:55 AM

Priceless Schmidty thumb
Posted By: nellie

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/15/19 02:01 AM

Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: BCDAVE

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/15/19 02:17 AM

That is what life is all about!

Thank you for the reminder.

Bigcat
Posted By: pop r

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/15/19 02:32 AM

thumb Great stuff. I'm glad your dad is feeling better.
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/15/19 02:54 AM

Looks like good day on the water. thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/15/19 04:12 AM

Solid post and fish. Yes Sir. Living life to it's fullest! thumb
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/15/19 01:54 PM

Very Happy to see Dutch and Mom Smiling and feeling good after the recovery!!!!!....I have not been fishing at all because of work but I absolutely love spending time with my Little buddy and the Family!!!..Awesome Pics Buddy!!!!! thumb clap banana
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/15/19 02:17 PM

cheers Great post cannot agree more.Miss Dad.
Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/15/19 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by HOGON

I learned a long time ago not to sweat the small stuff in life.

Life is the most "Precious Gift" anyone could ever receive.

My wife and son being Paramedics I have seen just how quickly "Life" can be taken from anyone of us without warning at anytime.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Brother well said. Funny you wrote this up as I was wondering if I should write about what happened to me today. First off, Glad that you father got to go with you. I need to get my dad out again soon as he is not doing well. Memories brother memories. Anyway, today I left the lake (horrible trip by the way, felt like I was in the ocean) and stopped by the grocery store. As I was in the back in the meat section I noticed this lady kneeling down hugging another lady. At first I thought she was crying, then asked and it turned out that she was having a seizure. I kicked into gear and helped with what I could. They did not want to call the ambulance so I did not push it. We got her on her back and I ran to grab a wheel chair for when she comes out. Finally she came out of it. The lady with her said that when this happens she looses about 4 days of memory. Honestly after it was over I walked through the grocery store crying. This is one of the first couple times something like this happened since I came back from Afghanistan. I saw death and this lady looked like she was going to die. She is fine, but I am rattled. I drove home thinking about how life is here right now, but the next minute you or someone you love can be gone. Cherish those memories with family. Thank you for posting this and I wish many years for you, your Father and Mom. Thank you for sharing!
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/16/19 12:43 PM

Glad to hear they finally figured out what was going on with your Dad. Nice write up. cheers
Posted By: JustinB

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/17/19 02:02 PM

Great post. Thank you for the reminder.
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/18/19 11:24 AM

Well said! Too often we do not realize the importance of a moment, until it becomes a memory! Slow down and make those memories with the knowledge that you are making them! prayers for you and yours.
Posted By: THarris22

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/18/19 12:20 PM

Great reminder of how little time we are here. Make every minute count.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/18/19 01:39 PM

Nice catches and yes the world we live in needs help and a lot of it.......

Too many look at me's and to many finger pointers sayn don't look at me look at him......

Sure is nice we crappie fishermen get to get away from all that silly stuff while on the water.....
Posted By: Buff2

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/18/19 02:31 PM

Great Post..... I mean really great congrats on your time spent with family
Posted By: Bass fro chop

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/18/19 10:17 PM

Awesome fish
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Reflection...Live Life to the Fullest - 06/19/19 03:17 PM

Great post! I've seen enough in my 28 years(not near as much as a lot of people) but it has taught me the same lessons. Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy every second
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum