Texas Fishing Forum

There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum

Posted By: JIM SR.

There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/11/19 09:34 PM

Add a LIVESCOPE Forum under the JIG Makers Forum above,...every other entry is LiVESCOPE this and LiVESCOPE that,...
come on man,.... de
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 12:41 AM

Then create a forum under that one called "Poor man this and poor man that". lol
Posted By: ifishalot

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 01:10 AM

What Jim said.....
Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff Schiller
Then create a forum under that one called "Poor man this and poor man that". lol

LOL I agree though we probably need one although then I have to check more than one forum. grrr.
Posted By: Cameron

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 02:00 AM

What we need are more livescope instructional videos! de soap bolt
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 02:22 AM

What we need are more livescope instructional videos!

I'll try to help you out there. bouncy
Posted By: Cameron

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by ERNEST PATY
What we need are more livescope instructional videos!

I'll try to help you out there. bouncy

roflmao can you add the song “baby shark” to one? pollo
Posted By: maxj

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 10:07 AM

I couldn't agree more. I have enjoyed crappie fishing for over 60 years without livescope and still manage to catch all of the fish that I want or need. I actually enjoy placing brush and using landmarks instead of GPS. Most new crappie fishermen these days don't put in the effort, they just ride and look and push buttons. Just MHO.
Posted By: Captain Yakker

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by maxj
I have enjoyed crappie fishing for over 60 years without livescope and still manage to catch all of the fish that I want or need. I actually enjoy placing brush and using landmarks instead of GPS. Most new crappie fishermen these days don't put in the effort, they just ride and look and push buttons. Just MHO.

And 60 years ago, people worked normal 8 hr./5 day work weeks. They also retired earlier. It’s not always the case that people don’t want to put in effort, it’s that they have limited time for recreational pursuits and technology helps make that limited time more productive. There wasn’t any internet either and good fishing spots tended to stay unknown by the masses. Lower population density also meant less fisherman trying to catch the available resources.

Just having Livescope doesn’t guarantee you’ll catch fish. You just get a better picture of them ignoring everything you try to tempt them with. Lol
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 02:41 PM

Earnest, start a thread in the general equipment section, titled Livescope, and we can sticky it. Just like we did with the Humm and Low threads thumb
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Yakker
Originally Posted by maxj
I have enjoyed crappie fishing for over 60 years without livescope and still manage to catch all of the fish that I want or need. I actually enjoy placing brush and using landmarks instead of GPS. Most new crappie fishermen these days don't put in the effort, they just ride and look and push buttons. Just MHO.

And 60 years ago, people worked normal 8 hr./5 day work weeks. They also retired earlier. It’s not always the case that people don’t want to put in effort, it’s that they have limited time for recreational pursuits and technology helps make that limited time more productive. There wasn’t any internet either and good fishing spots tended to stay unknown by the masses. Lower population density also meant less fisherman trying to catch the available resources.

Just having Livescope doesn’t guarantee you’ll catch fish. You just get a better picture of them ignoring everything you try to tempt them with. Lol

60 years ago not many of these lakes existed.
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 05:36 PM

You do know you are not required to read every post titled Livescope don't you?
Posted By: G Love

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 06:10 PM

Keep em comin. I love it.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by TreeBass
Earnest, start a thread in the general equipment section, titled Livescope, and we can sticky it. Just like we did with the Humm and Low threads thumb

clap thumb
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 08:01 PM

I agree, stop the arguing and make a new forum for livescope. To me it seems like one big ad for Garmin.
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 09:33 PM

This is the same topic and discussion that comes up with the introduction of new gadgets into the industry of any hobby. Hunting, golf, etc. Fishing technology is no different. new stuff comes out every day. I say if it makes you happy use the new stuff. If you want to stay “old school” then have at it .......long as you’re having fun. When side imaging came out everyone raved about it for a while. The discussions about side imaging are still there they are just considered commonplace.
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/12/19 10:07 PM

Exacally. So I looked at 100 threads (4 pages), 6 are "LiveScope" (excluding this one). Stop the wining. violin

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/13/19 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by FishingGuy

Exacally. So I looked at 100 threads (4 pages), 6 are "LiveScope" (excluding this one). Stop the wining. violin

I just counted 11,... de

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/13/19 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by JIM SR.

I just counted 11,... de

The poor man livescope thread don’t count. sarcastic
Posted By: 24x7Fisherman

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/13/19 02:38 PM

I just counted 11,... de

Did you count this one?

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/13/19 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by 24x7Fisherman

I just counted 11,... de

Did you count this one?

busted....
hammer

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/13/19 10:17 PM

busted....
hammer

Red handed!!!!
Posted By: lovetofish10

Re: There needs to be a LIVESCOPE Forum - 06/15/19 02:34 AM

I admit I like the new technology. I'm a tech head, I loved it when they came out with the first flashing light depth/fish finders. Then they came out with the paper graph and at the time they were the bomb but you would always run out of paper for the graph. Well then they came out with the lcd screen and I liked those to and it was a conservation of trees since we didn't have to replace the graph paper. And then came those video cameras you could lower down and if there was enough light you could watch the fish. And wow with the new generations of lcd screens and sonar technology it has done wonders and you know I like this new technology too. I'm just hoping before I buy that they will come out with a new generation with better everything because you know right after I buy there will be better tech out there. But you know I'm ok with that I say use what ever tech you want to use and have fun and fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum