Texas Fishing Forum

I need to get one of those...

Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

I need to get one of those... - 06/01/19 10:56 PM

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/01/19 11:23 PM

I just got one. Today was my first time to use it. Love at first sight.
Posted By: Jezreel

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/01/19 11:31 PM

Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous! I don’t think I’ll ever see one of those. I’m not rich enough, and certainly not famous enough. roflmao bolt
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/02/19 02:02 AM

its only money,.. partyon
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/02/19 02:05 AM

Sure is nice...... and easy on this old body
Posted By: Texas Grown

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/02/19 02:14 AM

I'ma waiting for a 12 volt model to come out. laugh
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/02/19 02:48 AM

A guy on Lake Palestine last weekend had one .. he motored up and dropped the trolling motor and never left his seat .... looked like he was catfishing.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/02/19 09:36 AM

Can't even get a boat dock at the ramps on my lake let alone something that fancy.
Posted By: cva34

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/02/19 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jezreel
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous! I don’t think I’ll ever see one of those. I’m not rich enough, and certainly not famous enough. roflmao bolt

Thats a big AMEN...and Just another thing for Bast..To STEAL.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/02/19 02:59 PM

Well, AFTER I get that truck, and that boat, plus better electronics, THEN I may get that troller...but I got lots of other goodies I want first!
Posted By: HOGON

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/02/19 03:34 PM

Have had one a couple years now.

Awesome!!
Posted By: SK.

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/02/19 04:43 PM

With the way my back is I'm almost ready to pull some green out to upgrade my tm to the Riptide Ultrex Ulterra with Link..... it's the one that self deploys.....
Anybody know where the best deal is?
I haven't talked to Shut up and Fish yet but will here soon.....
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/02/19 10:35 PM

Had mine out again today. It's a Ulterra not a ultrex'

Posted By: SK.

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/02/19 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by ERNEST PATY
Had mine out again today. It's a Ulterra not a ultrex'

Correct...... Always wondered why they would name them with names so close....
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/02/19 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by SK.
With the way my back is I'm almost ready to pull some green out to upgrade my tm to the Riptide Ultrex Ulterra with Link..... it's the one that self deploys.....
Anybody know where the best deal is?
I haven't talked to Shut up and Fish yet but will here soon.....

ALWAYS start with David,...!!! bannana2

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/10/19 04:46 PM

I think I’m gonna hold out until David comes up with auto stow and deploy poleducer. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Captain Yakker

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/10/19 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by FishingGuy
I think I’m gonna hold out until David comes up with auto stow and deploy poleducer. [Linked Image]

I’ve already been doing some mental engineering on just such a thing.
Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/10/19 05:26 PM

LOL I am not changing. Just bout the Ultrex along with having my old graph put in from the old boat to the new one, Garmin 1022 and Livescope. It is too late for me, I have a few months left to catch up on what I just spent, along with the new boat. BUT Hell yeah that looks awesome!
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/10/19 05:35 PM

Ok, I need one of these

Is this the new one that actually holds you in place?

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/10/19 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by TreeBass
Ok, I need one of these

Yes it does, so does the Terrova. My Tarrova is a 2014 model, it has spot lock, but it will not lock you right on a spot, it keeps you like in a 10 yard circle of spot. 2017 model they greatly improved the spot lock, so I’m getting a new Terrova, exact same one I have, just spot lock improved.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/10/19 06:17 PM

I love my Ulterra. Have had mine on a 24' toon for a little over a year. nothing but good to say.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/10/19 06:20 PM

Ok, I need one of these

Yes it does, so does the Terrova. My Tarrova is a 2014 model, it has spot lock, but it will not lock you right on a spot, it keeps you like in a 10 yard circle of spot. 2017 model they greatly improved the spot lock, so I’m getting a new Terrova, exact same one I have, just spot lock improved.

thanks for the reply. I have the older 2012 Terrova, and it does its best to hold in 10-15 yds. I'm looking for the one that will hold me dead onto a brush pile. Surgery has taken a toll on my right foot, and I don't have enough tow using the remote, fishing, tying etc to feel confident

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/10/19 06:33 PM

Ok, I need one of these

thanks for the reply. I have the older 2012 Terrova, and it does its best to hold in 10-15 yds. I'm looking for the one that will hold me dead onto a brush pile. Surgery has taken a toll on my right foot, and I don't have enough tow using the remote, fishing, tying etc to feel confident

You and me are in the same situation, you just need to get a newer Terrova, it’s what I’m doing.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/10/19 06:52 PM

Ok, I need one of these

Any Minn Kota trolling motor with Bluetooth will have the improved spot lock

If you have a legacy ulterra you can upgrade to the new Bluetooth system, it is only for the ulterra and runs about $800.
Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/10/19 07:24 PM

It's going on my new boat here in about 30 days.
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/15/19 12:19 AM

Ok, I need one of these

Can't believe you don't already have one?
Posted By: Dwight Hardy

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/15/19 01:00 AM

I have put some thought into one but the launching part is definitely not the reason. Lot of places I fish there is no dock and it will not pull up to shore. Also I can see me launching it where there is a busy dock and not having the control needed to avoid hitting someone’s boat. Fight on.

Take that out of the equation and my back says get one.

Re: I need to get one of those... - 06/20/19 02:02 AM

So I passed on the Ulterra, I got a new Terrova from shut-up-and-fish. It was really the new "generation 2" i-pilot I was after. Bought the exact same motor I currently have, but my old one was 2014 generation 1 i-pilot. Oh man I love it. The Ulterra was tempting with self stow/deploy, but I got to do it already with my poleducer. And I will never use the auto trim, another key feature of the ulterra.

But the 2nd generation i-pilot, huge difference with spot lock. Very happy with my new motor. Selling my old Terrove FYI, link below..

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...-pilot-w-foot-pedal-600-obo#Post13190744
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum