Texas Fishing Forum

Lake ray hubbard

Posted By: Coachzee

Lake ray hubbard - 05/15/19 06:40 PM

[Linked Image]

Ray Hubbard was good to me this morning! Fished from 8am till 10:30. Pulled out a one man limit. Fish submerged timber in the 18 to 30 foot range. Catching was from 14 to 24 feet down pending the tree I was on.
Marked the trees with a marker, backed off some, pitched out a 1/8 oz jig. Green and chart were best colors, let it pendulum swing back to me and got most hits that way. When that slowed, I parked right on top and vertical jigged a few more off and then moved to a new tree.

Would be cool to have that livescope and catch that way, but it will be a while before one of those comes my way.... till then just have to catch the old fashion way.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lake ray hubbard - 05/15/19 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Coachzee
[Linked Image]

Ray Hubbard was good to me this morning! Fished from 8am till 10:30. Pulled out a one man limit. Fish submerged timber in the 18 to 30 foot range. Catching was from 14 to 24 feet down pending the tree I was on.
Marked the trees with a marker, backed off some, pitched out a 1/8 oz jig. Green and chart were best colors, let it pendulum swing back to me and got most hits that way. When that slowed, I parked right on top and vertical jigged a few more off and then moved to a new tree.

Would be cool to have that livescope and catch that way, but it will be a while before one of those comes my way.... till then just have to catch the old fashion way.

The Old Fashion Way sure seem to suit you VERY WELL! WTG! thumb
Posted By: Jezreel

Re: Lake ray hubbard - 05/15/19 11:18 PM

Outstanding! ! !

I'm still trying to figure out the crappie on Ray Hubbard. I was out on Monday, hitting submerged timber with NO bumps at all. I must have not had my tongue sticking out right. I ended up catching sand bass in a cove for 2 or 3 hours. Most every cast I was getting a fish. And they were hitting it hard. I would have rather been catching crappie, but it was lots of fun anyway.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tmonjure

Re: Lake ray hubbard - 05/16/19 03:57 AM

Congrats thumb
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Lake ray hubbard - 05/16/19 04:14 AM

banana congrats with rain & lake conditions I am surprised wtg!!!!!!! 111111 11
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Lake ray hubbard - 05/16/19 02:48 PM

WTG! cheers
Posted By: SK.

Re: Lake ray hubbard - 05/16/19 05:12 PM

Very nice catches..... I'll be keeping my money...LOL and continue to fill my limit too...
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lake ray hubbard - 05/17/19 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by SK.
Very nice catches..... I'll be keeping my money...LOL and continue to fill my limit too...

You & me both Bro! coolio
Posted By: glert42

Re: Lake ray hubbard - 05/17/19 12:46 PM

Rain and flood gates being open don't seem to have made a difference at all. They are biting all the same!
Posted By: pop r

Re: Lake ray hubbard - 05/18/19 11:49 PM

Awesome job! fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum