Texas Fishing Forum

2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering

Posted By: Eric

2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/03/19 08:15 PM

Wednesday May 22 Nd. 6 pm. At San Pedro restaurant. 404 State Hiway 31 E. Chandler Tx. 75758. I am going to be there at 5 and eat . Trying to support the restaurant for allowing us to meet there . Any and all welcome to eat , gathering after. 1 st meeting everyone there were accomplished crappie angler so it wound up a round table discussion. If any beginners or anyone needing help any in group can help . I’d like to learn more about minnow fishing , spider rigging , new electronic technology . My main forte is fishing ( shooting ) docks We all will share . Anyone needing any more information pm me or text , voicemail . Calls rarely get thru 972-740-1243. Hope to see you there .
Posted By: easttx crappie guy

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/03/19 09:30 PM

sounds like a plan!!! I will try and make it
Posted By: Creamlevel Creek Kennels

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/03/19 11:10 PM

Ill be there and join you for dinner at 5:00 PM. Sure hope to see a few new faces.

Keith
Posted By: Tmonjure

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/04/19 12:22 AM

Thanks for the info.
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/04/19 06:09 PM

Did you misprint, I could have swore you said Wades Place, and you were buying!
Posted By: Lake Life

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/05/19 12:34 AM

I will be there. Looking forward to it.
Posted By: Creamlevel Creek Kennels

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/06/19 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by ACAMS
Did you misprint, I could have swore you said Wades Place, and you were buying!

Just let me know who’s buying, and I could be in for a few pounds of Crawfish. food food food bannana2

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/07/19 01:25 AM

Wades was my first thought . Then second thought was no one would be interested in fishing , just stuffing down some great fried food . Pretty noisy in there too .

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/08/19 12:56 AM

I met a couple of new people today that are planning on coming. Looks like the group will be growing. Mexican food and Crappie talk can't be beat!

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/09/19 10:48 PM

Wednesday May 22 6 pm San Pedro Chandler Tx 31 east of 315 bring a question and bring a friend . Everyone invited to share thoughts and ideas

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/12/19 06:35 PM

A reminder to all interested in talking crappie . Everyone encouraged to share knowledge , experiences, or learn something new . No such thing as a dumb question. Come join us for a fun educational evening . San Pedro restaurant on 31. In Chandler Tx . A little east of 315 on south side of 31

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/15/19 05:04 AM

Ttt
Posted By: dallee

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/15/19 02:36 PM

My fishing partner (the wife) and I can stand to learn about crappie fishing since we seem to kinda suck at it, lol.

Work in Tyler and get off at 5 so probably be like 5:30 before we can get there with traffic but we will see you all then.

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/18/19 12:46 PM

Ttt

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/20/19 02:15 AM

I will be bringing various jig heads , jig body’s , a couple rods for anyone new to see differences . I use a 4’6” rod 90
Percent of the time with a pfleuger president 6720 spoiled with Viscious 6 lb hi vis mono. Winter in fork long rod with baircast reel . Any questions please ask away . We are NOT professionals but the 1 st 4 probably had over 100 years experience. Hopefully with later starting times our numbers will swell . At least 4 of us are eating at 5. Everyone welcome . San Pedro restaurant 404 Hiway 31. Chandler Tx Looking for young blood to keeps us seniors sharp . Children welcome . After all , they are our future. My favorite way to fish is docks. Slinging, pitching ,shooting . What ever get the jig into deepest darkest place I utilize. See you this Wednesday .
Posted By: raptor

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/20/19 02:37 AM

Debbie and I will be there for dinner also.

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/21/19 12:32 PM

Eric, I will bring a couple of my rods as well, for comparison sake. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Re: 2 Nd East Texas crappie gathering - 05/22/19 02:27 PM

I will be bringing a few long rod and bags of jig body’s for sale before or after the gathering. Just wanted to add that we are not a club . No dues ,no rules just a few people dedicated to crappie and willing to share our experiences with anyone willing to listen . If it catches on we may have some actual fishing gatherings to show what we do 1st hand . We encourage everyone to talk about what they do or what they want to learn . No pressure See you in Chandler . San Pedro restaurant 6 pm wednesday May 22
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum