Texas Fishing Forum

Buck Creek Ray Roberts

Posted By: PlanoPaul

Buck Creek Ray Roberts - 03/31/19 02:29 PM

Anyone willing to share any info on this creek? I just moved to Van Alstyne so not too far of a drive for me. Thanks.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Buck Creek Ray Roberts - 03/31/19 11:44 PM

The bridges will be good soon.
Posted By: Ryno

Re: Buck Creek Ray Roberts - 04/01/19 12:40 PM

I was there 2 weeks ago for the first time and never had a bite. Never saw anyone catch anything lol. But i'm sure they are there somewhere. You have bridges and trees to choose from! I'll go back and try it again once this weather straightens out.
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Buck Creek Ray Roberts - 04/01/19 12:54 PM

Boat or bank fishin?

Re: Buck Creek Ray Roberts - 04/01/19 01:54 PM

I’ve got a boat. We don’t get out much with two little boys playing sports and a full time job, so just trying to make the best out of the days we do get to go. Trying to get the little guys hooked on fishing,
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Buck Creek Ray Roberts - 04/01/19 04:35 PM

I grew up in Pilot Point and remember fishing the bridge way in the back (I think it is Howell RD looking at google). Just park on the side of the road and walk the creek banks with a jig pole.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Buck Creek Ray Roberts - 04/01/19 06:06 PM

Roberts warms a little later than the other lakes for whatever reason, it will get good soon. Buck Creek is a great place to launch, it is protected for the most part on all four sides. The crappie fishing for me gets good once it gets nice and hot outside. Plenty of stuff to fish in there and you can catch them doing anything from bank fishing to kayak/canoe to bigger boat and motor. Go explore, you will like you you see.

Re: Buck Creek Ray Roberts - 04/01/19 07:38 PM

Thank y’all for the replies! Just curious if you are able to get a 20ft bass boat up in that creek? And is it worth it? Looks like it would be a long idle up there, and maybe a couple lower units....
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Buck Creek Ray Roberts - 04/01/19 08:23 PM

20 ft boat is fine. If you go West Idle until you get the boat lanes marked or follow someone, there are a couple of pretty good stumps right next to the lanes. If you go East, idle, lots of trees up that way and not too many clear lanes.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Buck Creek Ray Roberts - 04/02/19 12:55 PM

Raybob is a deep lake with a lot of water. Takes a while to warm up compared to smaller lakes. Patience grasshopper.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum