Texas Fishing Forum

Not all but many

Posted By: donothin

Not all but many - 03/23/19 12:37 PM

Bass fishermen are rude and arrogant. Especially tournament days. You would think if one were anchored in a creek crappie fishing that they would be considerate enough to slow down enough not create a big wake. Many don't. Always smile when they hit a stump.
Posted By: Twistedmidnite

Re: Not all but many - 03/23/19 01:37 PM

I understand your frustration, in my experience there's less of a wake if they come close to your boat on plane than if they let out and the boat sits down in the water some.
Posted By: Mike@972

Re: Not all but many - 03/23/19 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Twistedmidnite
I understand your frustration, in my experience there's less of a wake if they come close to your boat on plane than if they let out and the boat sits down in the water some.

+1
Posted By: RiverBanks

Re: Not all but many - 03/23/19 02:00 PM

That's the excuse they make for roaring by people who are fishing. But it is amazing how many of them get upset if you follow them and then roar by them on plane as they are fishing.
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Not all but many - 03/23/19 02:34 PM

What River Banks said !!!!!! thumb
Posted By: Mike@972

Re: Not all but many - 03/23/19 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by RiverBanks

That's the excuse they make for roaring by people who are fishing. But it is amazing how many of them get upset if you follow them and then roar by them on plane as they are fishing.

Im not saying I approve of someone being a jerk about it and I feel it's never appropriate on the main lake where folks can steer away from you. However, the OP raised a question about creeks... where there is no way to avoid other anglers. In this case I would rather someone go VERY slow or moderately fast on plane. If someone half heartedly slows to a moderately slow spreed or if they slow down too late, they throw off a lot more wake than if they stayed on plane.
Posted By: Buff2

Re: Not all but many - 03/24/19 12:14 AM

I just wish they would make up their mind which end of the lake the fish are on.
I was trying to fish a creek channel mid lake today and it was a solid stream of bass boats.
Half going north half going south. I figure half of them were going the wrong way

I couldn’t afford the gas it must take to bass fish
Posted By: donothin

Re: Not all but many - 03/24/19 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@972
Originally Posted by RiverBanks

Im not saying I approve of someone being a jerk about it and I feel it's never appropriate on the main lake where folks can steer away from you. However, the OP raised a question about creeks... where there is no way to avoid other anglers. In this case I would rather someone go VERY slow or moderately fast on plane. If someone half heartedly slows to a moderately slow spreed or if they slow down too late, they throw off a lot more wake than if they stayed on plane.

I agree, so the option should be to go very slow.
Posted By: metalman BDB

Re: Not all but many - 03/24/19 03:17 PM

Some bass anglers watch me go by in my duck boat with a gator tail muddmotor and you can see the look on their face thinking "that thing scares all the fish in this cove"

roflmao
Posted By: one-3lb-er

Re: Not all but many - 03/25/19 03:43 PM

don't fish in marked boat lanes on LOP, you will get run over.
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: Not all but many - 03/25/19 05:13 PM

If you want to get them back clean a limit of LMB by the boat ramp. nannyboo
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum