Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville 2-16-19

Posted By: HV Lurenut

Lewisville 2-16-19 - 02/18/19 07:54 PM

I hit the lake Saturday morning. Waited till 9:00 hoping it would warm up a bit. It didn't. Air temp was 34 and water was 47. Had decided to work rocky points looking for staging fish. Started in the 20' depth and nobody was home. Gradually worked my way up to 15' and started getting thumped. Worked 3 points and found fish on two. By 11:00 I had caught 7 fish, 2 dinks and 5 that where stuffed to the gills with eggs and shad. Air temp was still 34 and I made a run to another point. By the time I got there, my hands where painfully stiff, so I called it a day. All fish where caught on a Bonehead Silver and Chart Stump Bug.
Warmest water I saw was 49. They are starting to make move, but cold fronts are holding them back best I can tell.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Lewisville 2-16-19 - 02/18/19 08:00 PM

Need steady warm temps and no major floods and the lake will come to life. From the looks of the forecast, it will be March this year.
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Lewisville 2-16-19 - 02/19/19 04:04 PM

thumbthank you for the report sir!!!
Posted By: jig master

Re: Lewisville 2-16-19 - 02/19/19 05:47 PM

food This weekend might be a good weekend.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Lewisville 2-16-19 - 02/19/19 08:41 PM

Gonna take more than a few days in the low 60s to push them up on the banks. Frankly I’m surprised you caught them in 15’. Good report hopefully they’ll start to stage in more numbers here in the next month or so.
Posted By: HV Lurenut

Re: Lewisville 2-16-19 - 02/20/19 02:07 AM

I did not have high hopes for the day. Main objective was to find and check out.structure. Looking forward to water going up a few degrees.

Re: Lewisville 2-16-19 - 02/20/19 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mckinneycrappiecatcher
Gonna take more than a few days in the low 60s to push them up on the banks. Frankly I’m surprised you caught them in 15’. Good report hopefully they’ll start to stage in more numbers here in the next month or so.

I know several folks this past weekend that caught a lot up on the banks in the cold blowing weather Sunday as well. They said the ticket was dead sticking it. You don't know unless you go and put in the time on the water. Just saying.
Posted By: Spring Lizard Waterdog

Re: Lewisville 2-16-19 - 02/20/19 02:08 PM

Need warm up at night. That is the key.
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Lewisville 2-16-19 - 02/20/19 02:31 PM

I agree. there are some fish up shallow but they re not patternable.. for me at least. I caught a few males in shallow water this past weekend that were getting dark. not full on spawn mode though. We need some consistent weather where the low temps don't drop down to anything lower than the 50's. the fishing should get really good about that time.
Posted By: BTwrestle04

Re: Lewisville 2-16-19 - 02/21/19 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc
I agree. there are some fish up shallow but they re not patternable.. for me at least. I caught a few males in shallow water this past weekend that were getting dark. not full on spawn mode though. We need some consistent weather where the low temps don't drop down to anything lower than the 50's. the fishing should get really good about that time.

Seems far off still

Re: Lewisville 2-16-19 - 02/21/19 01:29 AM

Sunday it will bust wide open I think .
Posted By: BTwrestle04

Re: Lewisville 2-16-19 - 03/12/19 11:01 PM

Anyone have an updated report? My truck has been in the shop the last month, so I haven't been able to get out.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Lewisville 2-16-19 - 03/13/19 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

X3 Looks like Next week warming up wwed Thur Full moon on 20th . Might be ON!!!!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum