Texas Fishing Forum

Bank accessible or creek bite areas with this colder air moving in?

Posted By: Bassman_78

Bank accessible or creek bite areas with this colder air moving in? - 01/11/19 05:56 AM

My spots are not producing fish and there’s been no bait in sight. The muddy high waters around probably isn’t helping. Ive tried a few new places too, and even old places I don’t visit anymore, with the same results. If anyone can point me to some areas it would be appreciated. Are there any creeks/river areas or bank water that might be holding slabs right about now? I’m not looking for your spots. PM’s are welcome. Thanks! Good luck to you
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Bank accessible or creek bite areas with this colder air moving in? - 01/11/19 01:57 PM

Maybe if we know what lakes, rivers or creeks are near you may help with giving you some general direction..

Re: Bank accessible or creek bite areas with this colder air moving in? - 01/11/19 02:19 PM

I can see how that might help. I thought I had my location set over there to the left. I’m in the FW area, so D/FW
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Bank accessible or creek bite areas with this colder air moving in? - 01/11/19 03:02 PM

Best thing I can say to do is to go scout diffferent creeks. The creek bite has died for me since we started getting weekly rains. Was killing them back around thanksgiving. I think the rain needs to stop for the bite to pick up in the creeks.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Bank accessible or creek bite areas with this colder air moving in? - 01/11/19 04:03 PM

Check your area dam release schedules or flood release. That would be my first option.. only because creeks in my area are high and super muddy! Good luck
Posted By: crappiecat1

Re: Bank accessible or creek bite areas with this colder air moving in? - 01/11/19 09:39 PM

the creek on 66 was good. too much rain making it too muddy. just keep going they will bite.
Posted By: FishnDenton

Re: Bank accessible or creek bite areas with this colder air moving in? - 01/12/19 12:48 AM

Denton creek @ 35 but only after the rain has quit for a couple of days. Good luck.

Re: Bank accessible or creek bite areas with this colder air moving in? - 01/13/19 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by crappiecat1
the creek on 66 was good. too much rain making it too muddy. just keep going they will bite.

Thanks! I've never been down that far. I think Fire is as far down as I've been. I've never really fished it for crappie. Are there laydowns and visible cover or do they typically hold in deeper holes or what? I'm sure the trails will tell some of the tale, either way.

Re: Bank accessible or creek bite areas with this colder air moving in? - 01/13/19 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by FishnDenton
Denton creek @ 35 but only after the rain has quit for a couple of days. Good luck.

Thanks! I wouldn't have guessed they would be up that far

Re: Bank accessible or creek bite areas with this colder air moving in? - 01/13/19 04:20 AM

Yeah. It needs to dry up a little to make the scouting a little easier too. I had a pretty rough time trying to walk two creeks now. Thanks fellas!
Posted By: ArgyleFloater

Re: Bank accessible or creek bite areas with this colder air moving in? - 01/14/19 07:53 PM

I have a hard time finding access for Denton Creek @ I35W. What's your secret?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum