Texas Fishing Forum

Mounting the Garmin Livescope Transducer

Posted By: BlueNitro

Mounting the Garmin Livescope Transducer - 12/14/18 02:55 PM

I wanted to put my new Garmin LiveScope Transducer on something independent of the trolling motor and did not like anything that was commercially available. So I decided to make my own mount and have been asked to make and sell them so I am. Biggest reason to mount separate of the trolling motor is you can turn/point the transducer beam at what you want to see and not try to guess where the object you just saw on the FF is actually at. Especially if you are on spotlock and the motor is continually turning right/left/right/left to keep you on your spot.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Here are a couple of pictures of the proto-type I built which shows the pole in the up and down position which should give you a general idea of how it works. In the up position, you can also raise the transducer out of the water by sliding the pole up and locking the collar while you slow troll up to your next area (transducer can come all the way up to the bottom of the LSTPM).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The pole can be cut and bent anyway that would best suit you so keep that in mind. I put a 45 degree kick in mine which allows me to hold the rod in my left hand while controlling the transducer with my right hand. Biggest advantage is I don't have to bend over to point my transducer. You can also see that I zip tied the cable to my mount with 2' of slack which just sits nicely on the deck of my boat.

[Linked Image]

You can also mount just about any other type of transducer on it (Garmin, Lowrance, HB, 360)

You can read more about them if you visit my website (link in my signature) and look under the 'LS Transducer Pole' tab.
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Mounting the Garmin Livescope Transducer - 12/14/18 03:21 PM

hmmm...It looks pretty cool Ron!..I've been looking for something to mount my 997 transducer and fishfinder confused
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Mounting the Garmin Livescope Transducer - 12/15/18 01:38 AM

Very cool. Nice work. You know I want one.
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: Mounting the Garmin Livescope Transducer - 12/15/18 02:58 AM

I see a pinhole and slag inclusion on that weld bolt
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: Mounting the Garmin Livescope Transducer - 12/18/18 03:07 PM

Is there anything you can't fix Ron? cheers
Posted By: Sandblaster

Re: Mounting the Garmin Livescope Transducer - 12/19/18 01:37 AM

Wow great idea!

Re: Mounting the Garmin Livescope Transducer - 12/21/18 02:08 PM

I updated the post to include different pictures and some more info.

Call/PM if you get a LiveScope for Christmas and I can help you mount your new toy.

Re: Mounting the Garmin Livescope Transducer - 12/27/18 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by serj5150
hmmm...It looks pretty cool Ron!..I've been looking for something to mount my 997 transducer and fishfinder confused

Let me know how I can help you out Serj.

Originally Posted by Davedave
Very cool. Nice work. You know I want one.

Your's is all ready to go. Give me a shout.

Originally Posted by MilesHunter
Is there anything you can't fix Ron? cheers

Thanks Miles. When I need something for my boat and there isn't anything that is commercially available, I will make it to my standards. This thing is extremely solid and is compact so it looks good on the boat. Very easy to mount on a boat and the only plastic is the nylon bushings where it pivots and they will never wear out.

I have these in stock so PM me if I can help you out.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Mounting the Garmin Livescope Transducer - 12/27/18 03:36 PM

Nicely done Ron!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Mounting the Garmin Livescope Transducer - 12/27/18 09:03 PM

You could probably mount a drink holder or snack tray on the handle there somewhere! Looks good!! thumb
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Mounting the Garmin Livescope Transducer - 12/28/18 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
You could probably mount a drink holder or snack tray on the handle there somewhere! Looks good!! thumb

I’m thinking a disco ball would be a nice touch.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum