Texas Fishing Forum

Teneha Creek

Posted By: bush hog

Teneha Creek - 12/05/18 02:34 AM

Sabine River is still too high and swift so my buddy took me to another place he fished while growing up....Teneha Creek. It was spectacular scenery there. We started fishing under the bridge where we put in and caught a slew of little ones and a few nice keepers. I wasn't getting any bites until I changed to a darker bait and that seem to work. When the bite stopped there we headed up stream. It got pretty tight for that Ranger but we wound our way through the trees and found some more fish staged in a creek bend. Caught some more nice keepers, ditch pickles and red ear. Wound up with 13 keepers for the table. When the sun finally got high enough in the sky to make my teeth stop rattling it turned out to be a beautiful day on the creek. Can't wait to try it out this spring!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: CMS3

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/05/18 01:21 PM

Beautiful, just beautiful!!!
Good report, looks like a place I would like to explore one day.
Posted By: THarris22

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/05/18 02:05 PM

That looks like a peaceful place to spend the day. No boat traffic and great scenery. Glad you caught a few.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/05/18 03:54 PM

That looks like a fun area to fish.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/05/18 04:07 PM

Nice catchn and beautiful scenery.....
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/05/18 07:29 PM

Is your buddy cool with you naming the spot he took you fishing and posting pics of it?

LOL the first thing I did was google map the ramp and look to find launches closer to the creek.

bolt
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/05/18 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by kdub#1
Is your buddy cool with you naming the spot he took you fishing and posting pics of it?

LOL the first thing I did was google map the ramp and look to find launches closer to the creek.

bolt

Well aint you just something!!...most of us have more personal integrity, discipline and couth than to do somthing like that...what we need is a ethics committee to offset the potlicker association thumb.....do you have a seat open in the morning? I'll meet you at the ramp, did he say dark colors? woot

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/05/18 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by TroyKing

bolt

Well aint you just something!!...most of us have more personal integrity, discipline and couth than to do somthing like that...what we need is a ethics committee to offset the potlicker association thumb.....do you have a seat open in the morning? I'll meet you at the ramp, did he say dark colors? woot

Bahahahah.....Troy, I've seen you fish.....I ain't worried!

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/05/18 07:50 PM

bolt

Not about integrity when somebody names a ramp and spot Troy King. You can try to sit on a high horse and pretend like you know my morals but your opinion of me won't buy you more than a cheap cup of coffee. angel It's just a fact, when people post about spots on the open internet people will find them. So you are saying to take information given freely on the internet and use the tools available such as google maps to narrow down where to start fishing is immoral? You can take your personal integrity, discipline, and couth and shove it up your... you know what. cheers

As far as morals go however, I never would go to or tell anyone especially on a forum about a spot a friend took me to. But that's just me.

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/05/18 07:54 PM

bolt
Yep, he's cool. He'd go out of his way to help another find fish.....he's just that cool!
hooked

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/05/18 08:18 PM

bolt

Not about integrity when somebody names a ramp and spot Troy King. You can try to sit on a high horse and pretend like you know my morals but your opinion of me won't buy you more than a cheap cup of coffee. angel It's just a fact, when people post about spots on the open internet people will find them. So you are saying to take information given freely on the internet and use the tools available such as google maps to narrow down where to start fishing is immoral? You can take your personal integrity, discipline, and couth and shove it up your... you know what. cheers

As far as morals go however, I never would go to or tell anyone especially on a forum about a spot a friend took me to. But that's just me.

Uh..."what we have here is a failure to comprehend"...let me break it down for you...I would like to congratulate you for your efforts and skill as a pot licker and and offer my presence in your boat at this new spot where we can mutually catch lots of dinks on dark colored jigs...other than "shoving things up wherever" im sure we would have a fine time.

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/05/18 08:26 PM

I must need to get my sarcasm meter checked. [Linked Image]

I apologize, I totally misread that comment.

I live a little far from Toledo bend so I won't be potliking any time soon, but I do make it that way to fish the Sabine a few times a year. Love fishing the area.

On a side note, information on these big threads like Somerville and the Nueces is priceless when paired with google imagery. It's a game changer for hunting and fishing, there is no more hidden water anywhere.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/05/18 10:43 PM

coolphotos

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/06/18 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pot licker
coolphotos
Thanks Pot licker....
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/06/18 03:17 AM

Man I haven't been there in years. I always fished a black small tube at those pilings on opposite side of the ramp. How far did you go up the creek? That water is always off color up there. Last time I saw it salvania had it chocked off.

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/06/18 03:34 AM

Couldn't say how far but it was getting pretty tight on the Ranger trying to maneuver around those cypress trees. All the heavy rains we've had lately have pushed the salvania downstream but you can still see it along the banks. The water is still high...if you don't know how the creek lies then you better have some rubber boots with you... roflmao
Posted By: Big_CatEM

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/06/18 02:04 PM

Welllll, this thread went downhill in a hurry, but it's happened to me years ago in here too. Relax gents, enjoy his post and pics, and we can all move on and give each other a man hug.

Nice pics and post and glad you got a few to put in the pan. I know the first-light, teeth-chatter thing. Been there many times. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all y'all.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/06/18 02:49 PM

WTH is wrong with y’all?

Re: Teneha Creek - 12/06/18 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cast
WTH is wrong with y’all?

roflmao. Its been so dull in here...we needed some drama to liven things up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum