Texas Fishing Forum

Jigum Tournament date issue

Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Jigum Tournament date issue - 12/04/18 09:32 PM

I have us scheduled for Log Cabin Ramp on the 27th but the issue is, the Bass Champs Tournament is the same day and they are expecting 250 boats. Should we bounce this one weekend? Even if we move weigh in to another ramp, we are still looking at there being a lot of boats on the lake that day. I need y'all to chime in and give your opinion asap!!

Re: Jigum Tournament date issue - 12/04/18 09:33 PM

Or would y'all want to do it sunday the 28th?
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Jigum Tournament date issue - 12/05/18 03:06 AM

Not sure Jigum would like a Sunday tournament.
I'd move to May 4th. CAT tournament is April 20th on CC.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Jigum Tournament date issue - 12/05/18 03:51 AM

What about the 13th? Pick up some folks prefishing CAT I bet.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Jigum Tournament date issue - 12/05/18 03:36 PM

I would definitely move it to another Saturday. Early part of May is good. I would like a guestamated head count as it gets closer as I will bring Hush Puppies from Basham's Foods in Fort Worth, they are the stick type Hush Puppies like Bill and Marty Martin's or Zidder Zee's use to serve.
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Jigum Tournament date issue - 12/05/18 04:18 PM

Keep in mind that bass tourney's are very hard to avoid in the spring. There's one on almost every east Texas lake from March thru May every weekend. I'm not saying it isn't worth trying to find another date. I'm just saying that totally avoiding bass tourney's becomes an almost impossible task.
Slewfoot may have a good idea on the 13th. There will be some CAT teams prefishing, and the post spawn fishing should be pretty good.

Re: Jigum Tournament date issue - 12/05/18 06:38 PM

I vote 13th also. I'll give it a few more days and see if anyone else chimes in.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Jigum Tournament date issue - 12/06/18 11:58 PM

Just remembered the CAT Extravaganza is set for May 4th. April 13th sounds better. As stated, should be several people pre-fishing anyway. Should be a good turnout.

Re: Jigum Tournament date issue - 12/11/18 03:24 PM

We are scheduled for april 13th 2019 at log cabin ramp. I will start another post as we get closer to make sure everyone knows when and where. I am really looking forward to this. Already have some good prizes for winners to choose from promised to us for the event.
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: Jigum Tournament date issue - 12/11/18 09:20 PM

I'd planned on being there and this makes it easy to fish this and call it a prefish as well. See you all there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum