Texas Fishing Forum

CAT meeting last night

Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

CAT meeting last night - 08/08/18 03:40 PM

I hope that everyone that was there or who watched the meeting enjoyed it as much as I did. Was honored to get to set on the panel with Paul O’Bier, Ernest Paty and Lane Palmer. Lots of knowledge right there.
Couple of those guys has forgot more about Crappie fishing than I will ever know. thumb
Posted By: cellis

Re: CAT meeting last night - 08/08/18 03:49 PM

I watched it and jotted down a couple of notes. Some good stuff from you guys.
Posted By: fishinman

Re: CAT meeting last night - 08/08/18 05:26 PM

Good turnout...Always good panel discussions! Enjoyed it....Those type fishermen know what they're talking about and willing to pass along good info...

Good fishin'
Posted By: Laner

Re: CAT meeting last night - 08/08/18 07:48 PM

I had fun last night Jerry and I thought it was cool getting to sit next to you guys up there. I still look up to you and learn from y'all every chance I get!
Posted By: UJC

Re: CAT meeting last night - 08/08/18 07:50 PM

Great panel discussion. We've had many panel discussions over the years, and I think this was the best yet. I can't remember all of them but last night was chock full of information.

Kudos to the panelists.

As an aside, let me confess I am an okay crappie angler. Without reservation, I wouldn't be anywhere near an okay crappie angler if it were not for CAT and programs like last night. If you want to learn how to be a better crappie catcher, I urge you to join
CAT. CAT, with meeting video recordings, Facebook live meetings and tournament weigh-ins and much more, there are no reasons not to join because of physical location. CAT is now all there (media) for the taking. Don't hesitate - join now.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: CAT meeting last night - 08/08/18 09:24 PM

It was very informative. I always leave with something new. Good to see a couple of new members as well. Cat "Growing the Sport of Crappie Fishing" Keep it up. It was good chatting it up at the end Kyle and Keith. Welcome to the Chaos thumb
Posted By: Davedave

Re: CAT meeting last night - 08/08/18 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish
It was very informative. I always leave with something new. Good to see a couple of new members as well. Cat "Growing the Sport of Crappie Fishing" Keep it up. It was good chatting it up at the end Kyle and Keith. Welcome to the Chaos thumb

It is a sport, and that’s because we’re all great athletes.
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: CAT meeting last night - 08/08/18 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Laner
I had fun last night Jerry and I thought it was cool getting to sit next to you guys up there. I still look up to you and learn from y'all every chance I get!

Thanks bud, your right up there in my book.. i enjoy watching your adventures and appreciate your knowledge you share

Re: CAT meeting last night - 08/08/18 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Davedave

It is a sport, and that’s because we’re all great athletes.

I'm still waiting to get on a fishing card. roflmao
Posted By: NitroGlistenin

Re: CAT meeting last night - 08/09/18 02:18 AM

Was it recorded somewhere? Or is there a link?

Re: CAT meeting last night - 08/09/18 03:49 AM

It is recorded and visible on the Crappie Anglers of Texas members FB Page.
Posted By: NitroGlistenin

Re: CAT meeting last night - 08/09/18 04:43 AM

It is recorded and visible on the Crappie Anglers of Texas members FB Page.
thumb Thanks Dave!
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: CAT meeting last night - 08/09/18 09:40 PM

I’ve learned so Much from these Cat meeting discussion panels and last night was no exception. all I know
Is if any of the these four guys are going to be somewhere taking about Fishing, I’m going to be all ears. In fact when I first joined CAT back before they made the website change. I went back and watched every meeting. And if Paul or Jerry were talking I probally watched them twice, I’m a student of the sport. You can never stop learning, at least I can’t.
As I was talking about this with customers just this morning on my boat, the small yearly fee is way worth even if you don’t fish any tournaments just for the meetings.
I learned a lot Fishing tournaments even though we never won any, just hearing how other teams figured out the pattern in the same conditions as we had and implementing that into my bag of tricks . And I have to give credit to Carl Ellis for a lot of the knowledge he shared when we fished the tournaments.
Posted By: Gonzz

Re: CAT meeting last night - 08/10/18 03:13 PM

Had a great time. Tons of information. I haven’t missed a meeting in a couple years. I take notes and review them every time on the water. Keep up the great work CAT...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum