Texas Fishing Forum

Night fishing Ray Roberts. Any tips?

Posted By: FishnDenton

Night fishing Ray Roberts. Any tips? - 08/07/18 12:25 AM

I plan on taking the boat and fishing all night Friday. This will be my first night time fishing trip so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I installed lights this last weekend and bought some underwater lights just for this trip. I'll be up by buck creek. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Night fishing Ray Roberts. Any tips? - 08/07/18 12:43 AM

bug spray.. eeks

Re: Night fishing Ray Roberts. Any tips? - 08/07/18 02:46 AM

Got that covered. Thanks Jim SR. Any recommendations on lures or just go live bait?
Posted By: K_Dean

Re: Night fishing Ray Roberts. Any tips? - 08/07/18 03:36 AM

I’d fish live bait. I’ve been catching 50 plus a trip on jigs tipped with minnows. That’s also in the daytime though. You’ll be sorting through the short fish I’m sure
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Night fishing Ray Roberts. Any tips? - 08/07/18 11:11 AM

I've always wanted to try glow-in-the-dark jigs...with some good ole slab Slabber!! Might be worth a try.
Posted By: tackle_man

Re: Night fishing Ray Roberts. Any tips? - 08/08/18 01:03 AM

I've been out 6 times at night this summer we fish the bridge on lone oak road by the pecan creek boat ramp. We use a green submersible light and small minnows every trip has been about the same 60 fish with only about 20 keepers. Our experience has been as long as there is a chop on the water they bite if the wind dies and it gets calm it's over. The light draws all fish so use a rod holder or tie your rod down a sand bass or catfish gar ect will get in a heart beat.Good Luck

Re: Night fishing Ray Roberts. Any tips? - 08/08/18 02:35 AM

Thanks everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.

Re: Night fishing Ray Roberts. Any tips? - 08/10/18 01:23 AM

Any last minute advice?
Posted By: Phillip84

Re: Night fishing Ray Roberts. Any tips? - 08/10/18 01:52 AM

Jordan park boat ramp go north into the trees about 1000yards from the ramp to the east of wolf island there is a creek channel in about 40 fow. Tie up to any of those trees and get ready to catch 100+Fish on minnows under your floating head lights
Posted By: markchat

Re: Night fishing Ray Roberts. Any tips? - 08/10/18 01:59 AM

this guy speaks the truth
Originally Posted By: tackle_man
I've been out 6 times at night this summer we fish the bridge on lone oak road by the pecan creek boat ramp. We use a green submersible light and small minnows every trip has been about the same 60 fish with only about 20 keepers. Our experience has been as long as there is a chop on the water they bite if the wind dies and it gets calm it's over. The light draws all fish so use a rod holder or tie your rod down a sand bass or catfish gar ect will get in a heart beat.Good Luck
Posted By: Zipster

Re: Night fishing Ray Roberts. Any tips? - 08/15/18 02:40 AM

tie up under the bridge on Buck creek. Not the train bridge, but the highway bridge. Use minnows, and hold your rod. sometimes the bite is so light you won't feel it. We do really well in that spot every time we go out. fish outer edges of your lights and fish by the Pillars. good luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum