Texas Fishing Forum

Brushpiles at Night?

Posted By: NightStalker79

Brushpiles at Night? - 07/28/18 10:11 PM

Thinking of trying to beat the heat by taking the boat out at night. Question: Do crappie hold to brushpiles at night, or are they out swimming around hunting? Should I try brushpiles, or just put out the lights to attract baitfish?
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Brushpiles at Night? - 07/28/18 10:54 PM

I made the mistake of setting out a crappie light on a JP brushpile in the Mountain Creek flats arm one morning a few hours before daybreak.Lost two rods over the side of my boat using minnows but I did get a limit.Fasten them down!
Posted By: stratos caster

Re: Brushpiles at Night? - 07/29/18 06:22 AM

I'm thinkin about trying night fishing some piles. I'll report back on how it goes. Got to finish up these night shifts first.
Posted By: Esnow74

Re: Brushpiles at Night? - 07/29/18 06:50 AM

Last night fishing was pretty good in numbers but not size. Fished 8'-9' down in 14' water on man made structure under green led. Just after dark the bite picked up and lasted a few hours. Minnows and jigs both worked, I used mostly jigs. I had some scent on whatever I used and it seemed more productive than those that didn't.
Posted By: Sandblaster

Re: Brushpiles at Night? - 07/29/18 04:39 PM

When fishing a brush pile or bridge piling at night do you just stay put in that one spot? Also is it best just to stick to using minnows?
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Brushpiles at Night? - 07/29/18 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Sandblaster
When fishing a brush pile or bridge piling at night do you just stay put in that one spot? Also is it best just to stick to using minnows?
IMHO: When i`m fishing a brushpile @ night after I`ve marked it with my Graph and I see fish on it,I first target the fish that are hanging around it by casting a jig or a spinner to pick off the more aggressive fish before I move in and start vertical fishing the pile.If I deploy a fishing light i`ll use minnows but only above the pile not down in the pile & I don`t think I need to explain why however I might risk dropping a jig down into the center of it.If I`m fishing a bridge pilling with a light @ night and I sure it`s holding fish, I`ll usually just tie off and vertical .During the day I normally stick and move on bridge pillings until I catch several in one spot before moving again.There is no hard and fast rule just use whatevery works for you. 2cents
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum