Texas Fishing Forum

Took the 4 legged fish locator...

Posted By: canyoncreek06

Took the 4 legged fish locator... - 07/23/18 03:27 AM

My little rescue Ginger and I made a quick trip this morning so we could beat the heat and get back to watch the back 9 of The Open Championship. She did good now if I could only get her to clean them. Started at 6:30 and we were done by 9:30 and headed to the ramp. MCM Tackle and Stump Thumper jigs attached to Waterloo rods were the ticket. Fish definitely wanted a different presentation today. I would drop the jig down to about 12ft and "pop" it hard twice but not actually move it more than about 3" then slowly lower it. If they didn't hit it then I would "pop" it one time and they would hit it. Fish are in 15-20ft of water suspended at 12. Water temps are steadily getting hotter with one spot today registering 98.8 deg.

>E

Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Took the 4 legged fish locator... - 07/23/18 03:33 AM

Sweet pics! thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Took the 4 legged fish locator... - 07/23/18 03:50 AM

Got to love it! Nice fish. thumb
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Took the 4 legged fish locator... - 07/23/18 12:12 PM

Awesome pics!!! thumb
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Took the 4 legged fish locator... - 07/23/18 01:52 PM

Nice ones!
Posted By: chascat

Re: Took the 4 legged fish locator... - 07/23/18 02:14 PM

Looks like the locator is working good. Nice fish. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Took the 4 legged fish locator... - 07/23/18 05:22 PM

Nice thumb
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Took the 4 legged fish locator... - 07/23/18 05:42 PM

Awesome post.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Took the 4 legged fish locator... - 07/23/18 06:30 PM

Do you rent him for the weekend?

Nice trip.

Re: Took the 4 legged fish locator... - 07/24/18 01:34 AM

Thanks for all the comments.

BlueNitro, she will eat you out of house and home in treats and try to steal every one of your fish. roflmao
Posted By: crope1

Re: Took the 4 legged fish locator... - 07/24/18 03:25 AM

Sounds like a great locater just wanting her due! lol! Really liking the design of the 1st jighead. That orange did some hunting as well.
Posted By: r63pappy

Re: Took the 4 legged fish locator... - 07/25/18 10:17 PM

My boat is mad at me.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Took the 4 legged fish locator... - 07/26/18 01:26 AM

How'd I miss this post? Iduno....

Brother that was a excellent catchn trip and Ginger did a great job pointing them out....

Gonna be some fine filets right there....

That "pop" is a good way to put them in the boat....
Some times that strike zone is small (especially in the summer) and they won't chase a bait but keeping it in there face with the bait acting erratic they will knock fire from it....

Re: Took the 4 legged fish locator... - 07/26/18 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By: SK.
How'd I miss this post? Iduno....

Brother that was a excellent catchn trip and Ginger did a great job pointing them out....

Gonna be some fine filets right there....

That "pop" is a good way to put them in the boat....
Some times that strike zone is small (especially in the summer) and they won't chase a bait but keeping it in there face with the bait acting erratic they will knock fire from it....

I just realized that 7 years ago today was the day we picked her up from the adoption center and she became a member of our family.

You are exactly right on the strike zone being very small but the fish wanting an erratic presentation. I knew there were fish there but they wouldn't bite a motionless jig. Had to aggravate them just enough to eat.

>E
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum