Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Belton

Posted By: Harleyrockstar

Lake Belton - 07/18/18 12:49 PM

Wife and I hit up Belton for the first time yesterday. Launched from Lakeview park. Beautiful lake but much larger than I expected. Trolled a pet spoon and did some sight seeing. Ended up with 4 white bass and 1 smallie trolling 30 feet deep. Also fished some submerged timber in 25 foot of water but could not get a crappie bite going.

Question for all you Belton crappie pros: Whats the best technique for Belton crappie? We stayed in the lower fourth of the lake and I am thinking I need to head further up river and look for brush piles in 25-30 foot of water. Any tips appreciated. Going back Friday to give it another try.

Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Lake Belton - 07/18/18 02:04 PM

I was out yesterday also. I used jigs exclusively, but with the wind it was hard to present a jig properly ESPECIALLY in 20+' of water. I would focus more from Rogers Park north. You can spend all day fishing trees/brush and if you're not on the right ones you won't catch a fish. They move every day.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Lake Belton - 07/18/18 09:16 PM

What Bill said. Might want to start scanning for brush/timber about 1/2 mile above Rogers Park and keep going up lake till you find some on structure. As Bill said, they are not in the same place every day. Minnows will help and small jigs will also.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Lake Belton - 07/19/18 04:05 PM

cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum