Texas Fishing Forum

my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine

Posted By: timbertoes

my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 03:22 AM

Been wanting one of these since they came out. and the color I wanted. funny how that is important. 2015 model.
Need to get a bow fishfinder for it though. It had a lowrance gen3 on the bow before, and the x-ducer is still there. Has the dealer installed gen 3 in console.
But not going to spend that kind of money on the bow. something 5" so I can use on kayak too.
Suggestions on the FF appreciated.
Game on!!
Posted By: crope1

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 07:14 AM

congrats on the new ride!!! I'm liking that color as well. Now go forth and slime that baby!!!
Posted By: Patrnflyr

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 10:12 AM

Nice boat. What’s that stuff on the ground? We haven’t seen decent rain in months out here in West Texas!
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 11:08 AM

Helix 5 or 7 si, gps combo
Posted By: sticknstring

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 11:24 AM

grats on the new ride!
Is the trolling motor a spot-lock/anchor type model? If it is and it's a motorguide TM -I would stick with a lowrance upfront. Motorguide will sync with lowrance FFer's
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 11:36 AM

Congrats! cheers
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 12:14 PM

JMO, but I have a 5 0n the front of my boat and I'm goin to replace it... A 7" screen would be sweet on a kayak.

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 12:14 PM

Nice boat
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 12:58 PM

I have same one,..cept white. fish
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 01:16 PM

I have a Helix 5 with just basic 2d & DI (no SI or GPS) that I'll sell for $150 or trade. Just got a new 7 with GPS so I can hook it direct to my TM & be able to control TM from the Helix.

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 01:30 PM

And nice boat. thumb

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 01:34 PM

thanks!

the troller is currently "not smart" lol. Fortrex 80. The boat is prev-owner wired for Lowrance HDS Gen3, total scan, networked.
Prev owner had 9" units front and back, to there is a wiring harness for that.

I would like to get a spot lock in the near future

Kayak just does not offer the room for anything over 5"
and I need to not spend a fortune.

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 02:01 PM

For this Helix 5 all you need is power to hook it to. I'll throw in the mount that lets you put the transducer on the tm.
Posted By: txred0810

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 02:14 PM

Congrats on the new boat. Looks good.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 02:20 PM

Perty!
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 05:35 PM

Nice! banana

I have an Elite 7 Ti SI/DI in my dash and nothing up front at the moment.

I am about to add a Helix 10 Mega DI to the bow and in a few months when the new Ultrex Mega DI Sonar models come out I am swapping the Maxxum to the Ultrex! woot

I also run an Elite 7 Ti on my Yak but not the same one.
Posted By: Skeeter202c

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 08:33 PM

You’re gonna love that boat. I bought one in white a couple months ago. Mine has the SHO on the back and I had shut up and fish install a 7 Ti in the dash and a1198 and an Ultrex on the bow. Going out in the morning. Enjoy that boat.

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/13/18 08:52 PM

thank you for the replies, info and compliments!

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/14/18 01:12 AM

ya know the console mounted HDS7... I should get it removed and put up front. and I think it would be ok on the yak.

the cost of a big boy display to put on the ram mount by the console is still not pocket change.

the list would be:

Main unit the HDSgen3 9". no wiring
cradle mounts for both to attach to the beefy ram mounts
lower cost xducer for the kayak.
power cord for the Kayak.
mount for yak (thats a constant cost anyway)

this does all cost more, but hmmm buy once cry once.

anyhow just random thoughts there.
Posted By: serj5150

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/14/18 02:25 AM

Great color Sir!!!..I think she'll catch!!! thumb
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/14/18 02:49 AM

Very nice. I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy sliming her up.

>E

Re: my new-to-me crappie/anything that bites fishing machine - 07/14/18 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: timbertoes
thanks!

I would like to get a spot lock in the near future

This is a very usefull thing to have. Save a bunch of work, and you will ketch more fish... IMO
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum