Texas Fishing Forum

looking for partner, CAT tournaments on Tawak and Texoma

Posted By: timbertoes

looking for partner, CAT tournaments on Tawak and Texoma - 07/12/18 03:10 AM

Anyone interested in being a partner on these two remaining tournaments?

Division II - newbies lol

I have the boat. or will tomorrow afternoon I hope, just sold mine, getting one a bit larger

I do not know the lakes. (meaning will get skunked)

Have a decent idea how to properly fish for crappie, and overall good attitude even when getting skunked.

By which I mean you cant just give up and just sit in middle of boat with a bobber and minnow and pout.

I am in Van Alstyne, you should live within 30-ish minutes, hour drive please.

I am opinionated enough to tell ya your idea of a fishing spot is no good, but we can try it anyway.
Also I am an old fart (61), and do not care what age you are.
Posted By: crope1

Re: looking for partner, CAT tournaments on Tawak and Texoma - 07/12/18 03:31 AM

grrrrrrrrrr....would have been nice to some tournament experience,unfortunately,I'm already spoke for both dates. Good luck finding a partner.

Re: looking for partner, CAT tournaments on Tawak and Texoma - 07/12/18 03:40 AM

yah, I have fished some tournaments..Crappie, Bass and Cat smile

I learned one thing that is most important..have fun! Don't pout, don't get a losing attitude, make a fishing friend.
Ya launch the boat and ok there's timber here and over there or no visible timber at all....where to go.. LOL!!
It's Division II, so no one expects ya to set records!!

A few weekends ago went out in winds the trolling motor could hardly take me to the tie-off... still...managed to catch a few.
and also decided to get bigger boat with much more trolling motor and deck room to not almost fall out of the boat!!
Posted By: Redbeard

Re: looking for partner, CAT tournaments on Tawak and Texoma - 07/12/18 11:49 PM

I'm interested. Been wanting to try a tournament. Been going to the CAT meetings since it started, never had the time until now, since my daughters are in college. Boat is out of the question until college is paid for. Had a boat for a while and fished for Crappie and Bass, but never in tournament. Not familiar with either lake. My attitude is a Bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work. Been fishing at the office for multiple years, is how I get my fix.

Re: looking for partner, CAT tournaments on Tawak and Texoma - 07/13/18 03:10 AM

Anyone with a red beard cant be all bad, lol!
I'll send ya a pm.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: looking for partner, CAT tournaments on Tawak and Texoma - 07/13/18 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Redbeard
I'm interested. Been wanting to try a tournament. Been going to the CAT meetings since it started, never had the time until now, since my daughters are in college. Boat is out of the question until college is paid for. Had a boat for a while and fished for Crappie and Bass, but never in tournament. Not familiar with either lake. My attitude is a Bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work. Been fishing at the office for multiple years, is how I get my fix.
I can vouch for redbeard. He'a a good fisherman. thumb

Re: looking for partner, CAT tournaments on Tawak and Texoma - 07/13/18 03:24 AM

that is real nice of ya to say, Bobcat. BTW, still using that rod I bought from ya!
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: looking for partner, CAT tournaments on Tawak and Texoma - 07/13/18 11:36 AM

cheers

Re: looking for partner, CAT tournaments on Tawak and Texoma - 07/13/18 09:19 PM

thanks all, redbeard and I are going to try and show them how its done smile
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: looking for partner, CAT tournaments on Tawak and Texoma - 07/13/18 09:31 PM

Welcome aboard. Introduce yourself at the tournament. Meeting like minded (<><) people is a bonus.

Re: looking for partner, CAT tournaments on Tawak and Texoma - 07/14/18 01:03 AM

Yes sir, thank you smile Although I did not introduce my self, I was sitting just near you at the last meeting smile
Have attended only a few cat events, several years ago.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum