Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Waco

Posted By: rbadley

Lake Waco - 06/22/18 07:40 PM

Ended up with a limit of Lake Waco crappie Friday morning. Best color was purple and chartreuse. All on brush 12-15’. Early is was a very light bite (had to really watch your line. About 8am or so the thump became much harder the rest of the morning.

Re: Lake Waco - 06/22/18 07:48 PM

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TBmqvyd9B6764FxT9
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Lake Waco - 06/23/18 07:44 PM

thanks for the report coach. have you noticed how many of the piles south and midlake are being scattered to oblivion? ive started fishing the north end of the lake more now than I ever have, they dont seem to get destroyed as much. fish

Re: Lake Waco - 06/23/18 09:49 PM

I thought it was just me. Several of my waypoints had nothing or very little there. It was my first time on Waco since March.

Re: Lake Waco - 06/26/18 03:23 AM

no man...., somebody or several folks are dragging piles off. if they built them, then its thier prerogative to do so, but if they didnt, its just really not cool. being whoever is doing this seems to be destroying piles on the mid lake and south end, anyone choosing to fish waco, I would recommend go fish piles on the north side, left and right of the dam areas, also in the north bosque river, lakeshore cove areas ect. I kind of wonder if whoever is doing it, believes if they destroy all of the piles south, and midlake, the fish will go to thier piles in the north.
Posted By: snowyriver6

Re: Lake Waco - 06/26/18 03:31 AM

Its the rookies that dont know what they are doing. They anchor down dropping the anchor in the brushpile and as the boat drifts off it scatters the pile. Same people that when you are hooking up on surfacing whites or hybrids here they come and park right in the middle of them surfacing. And there the whites go

Re: Lake Waco - 06/26/18 11:50 AM

Ya the places where I couldn't find a few piles (or they were scattered) were all near the Twin Bridges and the swim beach there.

Re: Lake Waco - 06/27/18 04:58 PM

further up as well, lacy point, hwy 6, and many others gone..most were way too big to just have deteriorated, and I can actually see scattered brush along the bottom. scattered brush equals scattered fish. if this keeps happening, there will be no more days of fishing 5 brushpiles for 25 fish, it will be 25 piles for 5 fish.

Re: Lake Waco - 06/27/18 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: snowyriver6

Its the rookies that dont know what they are doing. They anchor down dropping the anchor in the brushpile and as the boat drifts off it scatters the pile. Same people that when you are hooking up on surfacing whites or hybrids here they come and park right in the middle of them surfacing. And there the whites go

ive seen large houseboats moving and anchoring about the lake as well, they likely dont have trolling motors that can hold them, and are throwing out anchors that can hold a battleship onto the piles. correct anchoring is takes practice, and very few know how to do it right.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Lake Waco - 06/28/18 02:20 AM

I hate hearing this
Posted By: jasonslabseeker

Re: Lake Waco - 06/28/18 09:08 PM

Man I need to go to lake Waco, I haven’t been in awhile

Re: Lake Waco - 06/29/18 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: jasonslabseeker
Man I need to go to lake Waco, I haven’t been in awhile

fish the north end.. fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum