Texas Fishing Forum

CAT Palestine Tournament Results

Posted By: Ken Gaby

CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/16/18 09:13 PM

Big turnout for the tournament on Palestine. DIV I had 23 teams and DIV II had 29 teams. The big stringers didn't materialize as usual for Palestine. With the exception of both first place winners, other teams struggled to break the 10 lb mark with plenty of 9+ lb stringers. Sometimes the big fish just don't want to cooperate.
I didn't make this one so no fishing report. 52 teams is an impressive turnout.
Thanks to all the teams fishing with CAT for the first time in this tour or this year.

Congrats to Clay Gann, Todd Froebe and Langdon for 1st place DIV I and big fish and
Brandon Miles and Steve Goncalves for 1st place DIV II and big fish.

Here's the leader board:

Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/16/18 11:02 PM

clap
Posted By: SK.

Re: CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/16/18 11:59 PM

Congrats to Steve and Brandon....
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/17/18 01:28 AM

Congrats to all the participants and the winners!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/17/18 12:25 PM

chef food
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/17/18 03:24 PM

Awesome to see such a great turnout! Love seeing competitive crappie fishing growing in Texas! If you want to become a better crappie angler there's no better way to do it than this! Palestine is fishing great but the fish are skinny! We caught fish all day long on brush and submerged timber 14-25' deep fishing 10-18' down. Bonehead slim sticks in grapevine. White lightning and I think smoked shad put fish in the boat all day long! We were throwing fish back by noon to make sure we didn't go over a 3 man limit. Glad we had our good luck charm in the boat this tourney! We needed him the last 2 tourneys apparently! roflmao
Posted By: Buff2

Re: CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/17/18 11:51 PM

Congrats to the winners

I need to try this next year
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/18/18 12:08 PM

This was the largest turnout ever (and the parking lot showed it) in a CAT tourney. Nancy and I were still plagued by the 'new boat blues'. We had to fish 'blind' on Saturday as one of the bow graphs froze up and didn't work at all, and the 360 graph worked just intermittently. But we enjoyed our time there and will be back at Twok next month. Thanks to all the club directors who worked their tails off on a very hot day.
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/18/18 03:41 PM

Congrats to all the winners..
Was nice catching 30-50 keepers a day but never saw a good fish. Always 1 big one away from doing well is our new moto hammer
Thanks to everyone who came out! Great turnout
Posted By: Neches

Re: CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/19/18 05:10 PM

I was out there Friday fishing, I watched crappie boat after crappie boat running through timber south of the bridge all day. I never went north of the bridge so I am betting it was happening up there to. There are large areas with scattered submerged timber north and south of the bridge. I was going to tell a couple in a really nice Lund that they had just ran through a bunch of timber but they cranked up and left before I could get to them. I would highly recommend getting with Tom Mayne Guide service and buy his lake Palestine trails card and install it on your units. You guys have some really nice crappie boats by the way.
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/19/18 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Neches
I was out there Friday fishing, I watched crappie boat after crappie boat running through timber south of the bridge all day. I never went north of the bridge so I am betting it was happening up there to. There are large areas with scattered submerged timber north and south of the bridge. I was going to tell a couple in a really nice Lund that they had just ran through a bunch of timber but they cranked up and left before I could get to them. I would highly recommend getting with Tom Mayne Guide service and buy his lake Palestine trails card and install it on your units. You guys have some really nice crappie boats by the way.

If it was a white Lund....it was probably me and Nancy hammer
Posted By: Mo

Re: CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/19/18 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: The Crappie Guy

the lake is starting to get low enough that some timber will start showing up. Areas that pose no problem at full pool , become dangerous when the lake gets a couple of feet low.
good luck
MO
Posted By: Tom Mayne Fishing Guide Lanes

Re: CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/19/18 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Mo
Originally Posted By: The Crappie Guy

the lake is starting to get low enough that some timber will start showing up. Areas that pose no problem at full pool , become dangerous when the lake gets a couple of feet low.
good luck
MO

I would be very nervous running a lot of stuff on the south end when it’s full but 1’ low it’s bad....
Posted By: Gonzz

Re: CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/21/18 03:55 AM

Had a great time on the water with some nice fish caught. I love Lake Palestine. Even better now with the Div 2 win...
Posted By: crope1

Re: CAT Palestine Tournament Results - 06/21/18 04:56 AM

Congrats to all those that participated!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum