Texas Fishing Forum

jig head

Posted By: tbass

jig head - 06/06/18 01:39 AM

looking for a 1/8 sickle hook yellow jig head any help!!! thanks
Posted By: crope1

Re: jig head - 06/06/18 02:09 AM

there are a ton of jig makers on the forum....I'd try Redgun right off the bat,Gonzz,nekid tackle,the list goes on and on. You might want to look over in the jig tying section. Hope this helps.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: jig head - 06/06/18 10:50 AM

Will these work?

https://www.boneheadtackle.com/xproduct/crappie-baits-bx-jig-heads/
Posted By: sticknstring

Re: jig head - 06/06/18 03:54 PM

should work...good looking jigheads
Thanks for sharing gamblinman, I'm gonna try them on the next batch. Do you use them? Is the hook real hard , or have some "give/bend" to them?
Posted By: CTaylorJr

Re: jig head - 06/06/18 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: sticknstring
Thanks for sharing gamblinman, I'm gonna try them on the next batch. Do you use them? Is the hook real hard , or have some "give/bend" to them?

They have some give to them and they stay sharp for a long time. I got one hung in my marker bouy and figured id just bend it a few times to break it so I could push it through, well about 20 bends later it broke. I've caught some good sized cats and hybrids on them and haven't had one straighten out yet.

Re: jig head - 06/07/18 02:51 AM

If you want to straighten one, you can. LM bass to 9 lbs and 20 lb flathead couldn't straighten one.
Posted By: Ricktofish

Re: jig head - 06/07/18 12:26 PM

are these jigheads round? on the bonehead website some look round and some look oval. probably the angle of the picture.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: jig head - 06/08/18 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: sticknstring

That looks like the black nickel hook...if so, it is hard...the bronze hooks have some give/bend many times over.
Posted By: sticknstring

Re: jig head - 06/08/18 03:36 AM

Good to know crapicat.
Sometimes I really need to get it deep into a pile to hit prime real estate- this is where a softer hook shines. I almost always prefer a softer hook for crappie.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: jig head - 06/08/18 09:55 AM

I know Redgun will make you some up out of whatever hook type you want...even wire weedless...his hooks are outstanding, in quality, reasonable in price, and he is highly experienced in asking all the right questions, so that you get exactly what you want in a jighead...there may be some types of head he doesn’t make anymore (or never did), but if not, some of the other forum guys will be making them...ultimately, you have to find the jig maker that makes the Jigs you like...for me, that’s Redgun.

Re: jig head - 06/08/18 11:21 AM

Yes, Redgun's wire weedless jigheads are top notch.

I prefer the fiber weedguard weedless heads from Timmy Toms. I can put that jig anywhere.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum