Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Pecan Creek area...

Posted By: Crappie Husband

Ray Roberts Pecan Creek area... - 06/01/18 12:47 PM

Can anyone tell me if the area Pecan Creek area north of the 3002 bridge has good fishable timber for this time of year? I have looked on google maps and see some trees in what looks to be 20'+ water but I'll be fishing from a kayak and it's hard to tell how concentrated they are. I can cover some ground but don't want to spend 10 minutes getting to the next tree.

I don't have a FF yet so I'll have to stick to timber and bridges.

I'll be coming from Argyle and that area is about half the drive for me than Buck Creek but I don't want to get out there and wish I had just driven on over there instead.
Posted By: wrestlefish

Re: Ray Roberts Pecan Creek area... - 06/01/18 01:31 PM

Bridges and Timber are both holding fish right now. YOu will probably have to sort as the area gets hit pretty hard, but the fish are there and biting. Artificial has been outproducing over minnows for me.
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Ray Roberts Pecan Creek area... - 06/02/18 04:24 AM

Was up there today. Wind had me and the boys locked down to wind protected timber. We did not do well.

I like Pecan a lot over Buck and the main lake brush piles. When the south wind is blowing, hang on.

There are a lot of options in 20' of water. You'll do fine. Stick to the middle timber and idle. Plenty of trees right under the surface.

Posted By: Tommy Downhome

Re: Ray Roberts Pecan Creek area... - 06/23/18 06:11 PM

Like to see guys helping one another - caught some nice cats in this area last time I was there a while back. Great Lake - wish I lived next to it instead of grapevine 😊 Did anyone every find crappie here? Seems many like other part of lake near isle de Bouis. Good luck guys
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum