Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville was on fire today

Posted By: wrestlefish

Lewisville was on fire today - 05/30/18 06:43 AM

Started the Day looking for Hybrids. No wind and it just wasn't happening. The day couldn't have started worse. It was slow, but I had six quality fish on. 4 pulled off. The other two were blues. So zero hybrids in the boat. ONe of those days where if it can go wrong it will. My net even flew out of my boat. The sun started to beat down, so to the bridges and shade I went. Found crappie on most columns and like usual most fish were 9 - 9 3/4" and 10' - 12' down. Lots of sorting to pick up five tens, and then I found the magic column. There was definitely brush on this column and it held considerably bigger fish. It was crazy. Very few unders with most fish between 11 and 15 inches. This column was off the beaten track, so I was all by my lonesome and the fish were 6 feet down on this one. I would get bumped every time I put my jigs into the water. Even got three doubles. It was stacked with crappie. Took 20 nice ones off of that column from 7:30 pm = 8:30 pm. I left them biting. Who knows how many fish are on that column. The column looks the same as the rest, but it is clearly different. So, I found a good secret today, although somebody else probably knows. I think I found somebody's Christmas trees and I cleaned enough fish where I will be doing CPR for a while.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Lewisville was on fire today - 05/30/18 02:22 PM

[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics..._49107979523373[/img]

peep
Posted By: BTwrestle04

Re: Lewisville was on fire today - 05/30/18 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro

That's pretty good.
Posted By: duckiller

Re: Lewisville was on fire today - 06/01/18 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: BTwrestle04
Originally Posted By: BlueNitro