Texas Fishing Forum

Lake o the Pines

Posted By: Mstone06

Lake o the Pines - 05/25/18 06:21 PM

Going to fish for some crappie out there. It’ll be the first time fishing for crappie. If y’all have any tips I’d appreciate it.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Lake o the Pines - 05/25/18 07:16 PM

Find brush in 10-18’... they’ll bite just about any color tipped with a minnow or crappie nibble
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Lake o the Pines - 05/25/18 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Pintail711
Find brush in 10-18’... they’ll bite just about any color tipped with a minnow or crappie nibble

Soooo, pintail, are you crappieXpresses fishing buddy? Or Troys? One likes nibbles, the other minners...
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: Lake o the Pines - 05/25/18 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat

Soooo, pintail, are you crappieXpresses fishing buddy? Or Troys? One likes nibbles, the other minners...

You woulda been proud yesterday!! I never even broke out the nibbles. Water on pines is already 84 degrees. It’s not normally that hot until closer to July. The bite was very light Thursday morning but I caught a bunch. Kept 16 over 12”. Threw back at least 25-30 9-7/8” fish. June and July are shaping up to be tough with the water already as warm as it is.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Lake o the Pines - 05/25/18 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat

Nope. My dad usually fishes with nibbles but 90% of the time I’m tipping with a minnow.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Lake o the Pines - 05/26/18 12:05 PM

Maybe this will help (if you have GPS) https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/lop/structure.phtml
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum