Texas Fishing Forum

XI-5 Issue

Posted By: keyboard

XI-5 Issue - 05/23/18 11:34 PM

Anybody that has an XI-5 had it just shut down when you try to increase the speed. Press the remot plus sign about 4 times and unit just shuts down like the power went off.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/24/18 12:01 AM

Batteries in the remote are dead. I had the same issue.

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/24/18 12:53 AM

I wish it was that simple. Thought of that changed the batteries and same result.
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/24/18 02:43 AM

HERE NOW ..... XI-5's don't have issues, so you must have pushed the wrong button!
(they better not anyway, I can't afford to fix mine if it goes bad!)
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/24/18 02:46 AM

Mine would act stupid on occasion. I would unplug it for a couple minutes and plug it back in and it seemed to reset itself. I sure wish the Ultrex would hold 1/2 as good as the Xi5 but I sure like the foot pedal.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/24/18 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
Mine would act stupid on occasion. I would unplug it for a couple minutes and plug it back in and it seemed to reset itself. I sure wish the Ultrex would hold 1/2 as good as the Xi5 but I sure like the foot pedal.

OMG

Mine does...
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/24/18 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

OMG

Mine does...
Mine too. Set your boat scale in your settings. Try different settings until it works right.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/24/18 11:54 AM

Bobby, what do you set your boat scale setting on?
Posted By: Cowboytex

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/24/18 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobcat1
Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

OMG

Mine does...
Mine too. Set your boat scale in your settings. Try different settings until it works right.
I'm with Slew on this one. While my Ultrex is most definitely usable, it is not as accurate as my Xi5 was. And I do enjoy the foot pedal way more than I thought I would. My complaint on the Xi5 was it would randomly loose gps signal every once in awhile and almost throw me out of the boat when it did. All I had to do was kill it and re-anchor and it would be fine. I have messed with all the boat scale settings and it is still not as accurate as the Xi5. I'm still happy with it though.

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/24/18 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat
Bobby, what do you set your boat scale setting on?
1 or 2 usually. I need a 1.5 and I would be perfect. Holds in a 3' circle usually
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/24/18 05:00 PM

Meeting with Slade in 2 weeks and hopefully get the graphs where I'm happy with them and the trolling motor to suck less! I'm slowly getting the new barge dialed in! fish

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/24/18 10:39 PM

Add another one to the check list. After tracing down the amps and voltage culprit was the plug. Corroded up on the inside. A set drop will cause the motor to shut down.
Posted By: RAMM

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/26/18 07:28 AM

When you say you like the foot pedal, which trolling motor are you referring to?

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/26/18 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: RAMM
When you say you like the foot pedal, which trolling motor are you referring to?
I bet that is on the Ultrex. It's like having power steering.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/27/18 03:34 AM

How bad is it holding? If you've made adjustments and it still isn't holding well, you might want to have it checked out. My spotlock holds at least as well a XI5 if not better. Make sure you don't have something around it that is interfering with the signal.
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/27/18 03:10 PM

I sure am glad this turned into a Minn Kota issue ... had me worried about my XI-5 for a second there!!
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: XI-5 Issue - 05/27/18 05:27 PM

Only complaint I have about my XI-5 is it isn't getting used enough...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum