Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon Is On Fire

Posted By: Gray_Ghost9

Lavon Is On Fire - 05/23/18 08:17 PM

Two of us went out today, started off chasing sand bass, they were small so left them and started chasing Crappie. Started out in 20' just small fish, started working shallower, the magic number was between 10'-13'. We caught 53 and most were keepers, kept 20 for a fish fry all were 13"-16" anything smaller was let go.
We left at 1 PM as it was getting hot, the fish were still biting.
We were using black and chartreuse jigs.
Posted By: jfe

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/23/18 09:46 PM

Good job and thanks for the smile info.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/23/18 09:56 PM

Great they will be coming from far away now
Posted By: Thump My Jig

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/23/18 11:12 PM

Yep....
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/23/18 11:33 PM

Cool report, thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/24/18 02:42 AM

They are hitn chartreuse slabs fishing for sandies! They are literally everywhere!
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/24/18 11:44 AM

bump roflmao
Posted By: jfe

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/24/18 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Are you suggesting that you're unhappy because someone says the fishing is good on "your lake"? I used to live on Lavon, so I guess it's "my lake", too. I'm glad that a new guy on the forum is sharing his good experiences with us. That's what this forum is supposed to be about.

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/24/18 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: jfe
Are you suggesting that you're unhappy because someone says the fishing is good on "your lake"? I used to live on Lavon, so I guess it's "my lake", too. I'm glad that a new guy on the forum is sharing his good experiences with us. That's what this forum is supposed to be about.

violin
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/24/18 03:12 PM

bump peep
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/24/18 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Smurfs
bump peep
roflmao

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/24/18 05:51 PM

This lake is on freaking FIRE flame You can't catch fish now you guys better find another hobbie
Posted By: anthonyhicks101

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/24/18 06:01 PM

I was out Tuesday, first time on the water in almost a year. Spent about 6 hours on the water. Never saw a single sandie, schooling the top water or caught. I did see boats fishing humps at little ridge but stayed away.
Ton of boat traffic for a weekday though!
Posted By: UJC

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/24/18 06:14 PM

Took my friend of many years, an Ole Miss grad (painful duty, but it's friendship) and we kept 22 keepers. One over 2lbs. I think the scale said 2.34lbs but don't remember exactly. All told, about ten really nice crappie.

Lake: Lavon, all fish from main lake areas, never got to the power plant area.
Date: May 23, 2018
Rod: ProAngler
Line: Trilene 10lb, bright green, loop knot, no leader
Reel: Unbranded DK1000
Bait: Rocky Tops (white/chart, black chart) tipped with flake nibbles; Redgun 1/8 pink head (RT white/chart) and 1/8 chart head (RT black/chart), #2 hook, with willow leaf blade inside the loop knot.
Depth: 14-20'; fish caught mainly off bottom 1-3 reels up or on the fall. I believe a 1/16 would have been deadly yesterday.
All caught on submerged timber.

Not trying to hijack your post, just adding another Lavon report. No apologies for the full report. We weren't fishing hard; friends having fun getting together again.

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/24/18 06:16 PM

This lake is on freaking FIRE flame You can't catch fish now you guys better find another hobbie

bump
Posted By: markchat

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/24/18 07:40 PM

I think all lakes are on fire right now. I was on Lewisville this week and caught fish at every stop (7) I made. I was getting hammered from the time i dropped till the time I pulled off.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/25/18 01:43 PM

yep its pretty good hammered sun after rain delay. buddy &I whacked em on c.c. few days ago two limits;iknow pics or??:><&* don't know how or I would, iam doing guud tiepin. he he !!!

bump

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/25/18 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Lazy Ike
yep its pretty good hammered sun after rain delay. buddy &I whacked em on c.c. few days ago two limits;iknow pics or??:><&* don't know how or I would, iam doing guud tiepin. he he !!!

bump

Kids this is why you don't do drugs

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/25/18 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Lazy Ike

bump

Kids this is why you don't do drugs

roflmao thumb

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/25/18 07:48 PM

Took my Wife out this morning, fish weren't biting as well but managed 22.
All the fish were 10 1/4" to 15" kept the largesst 6, I don't like cleaning the smaller ones as the fillets are to small.
I caught the most but my Wife caught the largest ones, figures!!

Good luck to all you this weekend, be safe.

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/25/18 08:02 PM

I would like to give a shout out to Jerry Hancock, prior to last June I could only catch crappie occasionally, I booked a trip with him and now I catch them all the time.

Thank You
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: Lavon Is On Fire - 05/25/18 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Gray_Ghost9
I would like to give a shout out to Jerry Hancock, prior to last June I could only catch crappie occasionally, I booked a trip with him and now I catch them all the time.

Thank You

Thank you sir! Thats what it’s about right there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum