Texas Fishing Forum

Magellan Shirts at Academy

Posted By: Spiderman

Magellan Shirts at Academy - 05/23/18 02:13 PM

I picked up a Magellan shirt at a Academy last week and fished in it Monday. I was surprised how much cooler it was. Fished until 2:00, never broke a sweat and was comfortable. Water is already 83 degrees, almost steamy.

Long sleeve to keep the sun off of your arms. Don't need anymore sun and would like to avoid skin cancer if possible.

I think it is 100% polyester. It was $24.99. And turned out to be a good deal.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Magellan Shirts at Academy - 05/24/18 02:11 AM

Our shirts came in a couple weeks ago and have been a hot seller as well.

Click to see sizes & prices
http://www.shut-up-and-fish.com/apparel-c-137.html
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: Magellan Shirts at Academy - 05/24/18 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Our shirts came in a couple weeks ago and have been a hot seller as well.

Do you plan on getting tall sizes soon?
Posted By: Captain Yakker

Re: Magellan Shirts at Academy - 05/24/18 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Spiderman
I picked up a Magellan shirt at a Academy last week and fished in it Monday. I was surprised how much cooler it was. Fished until 2:00, never broke a sweat and was comfortable. Water is already 83 degrees, almost steamy.

Long sleeve to keep the sun off of your arms. Don't need anymore sun and would like to avoid skin cancer if possible.

I picked one of those shirts up at Academy last year and I really like it. Fish in it all the the time now. Like you, I would like to avoid the exposure. I also fish in those lightweight pants that have zip removable legs to convert into shorts. I’ve also started enjoying sitting under bridges a lot more as i get older.

For $25, I may run and pick up a couple more of those shirts.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Magellan Shirts at Academy - 05/25/18 02:28 AM

was that the Laguna Madre shirt?
Originally Posted By: Spiderman

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Magellan Shirts at Academy - 05/25/18 04:34 AM

They are awesome imo, I have around 30? The pants are great as well. Very comfortable and allow for cooling on hot Texas days. They have several different styles, so watch the sizing. I wear large to xl depending on model
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Magellan Shirts at Academy - 05/25/18 11:12 AM

I must be the odd man out on this deal...I much prefer the 100% cotton Columbia or Magellan when I can find them. They are much more comfortable to me than the polestyer and never seem to get that funky thing going with them. Just bought a half dozen or so at Academy for $35 bucks a pop probably a month ago. And yea, I had to buy a couple of the polyester versions last year, as I couldn’t find any in cotton...they just sit in my closet, cause if I got a choice, I’m not wearing them...If sweating is your issue, I never pay attention to that, as I sweat every day and could care less, in fact sweating is good for the body. Anyway... 2cents and no offense meant to anyone.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Magellan Shirts at Academy - 05/25/18 04:04 PM

With the polyester shirts I like a larger size, so they are a little baggy. If they are skin tight they don't really cool as well.

Wife fishes with me sometimes. Picked her up one at Academy a couple of days ago. Fished yesterday & she really liked it.

The shirts I bought are Magellan real tree pattern reversible, buy a light color blue or green.

Not much detail on the tags beyond that.
Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Re: Magellan Shirts at Academy - 05/25/18 04:45 PM

I was at Academy in Conroe last night and they had a deal going for an additional 50% off clearance items. Had lots of fishing shirts, pants/shorts, columbia t-shirts and so on. Long sleeve fishing shirts and pants were all about $10-$15 each. Not sure if this sale was store specific or if all locations are running it but it may be worth checking out.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Magellan Shirts at Academy - 05/25/18 06:04 PM

I have 5 all the same color that i use as work shirts. They are 100% nylon and long sleeve to protect from the sun. They are very cool and comfortable
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Magellan Shirts at Academy - 05/25/18 11:20 PM

Thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum