Texas Fishing Forum

Fork today

Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Fork today - 05/16/18 08:34 PM

Fished Fork today with my Taxidermist and his son. I love trading deer mounts for Crappie fishing trips!
We started at 7:00 am hitting some timber up north in 15-17’ water. After my best two trees only produced one keeper I knew we had to make a move. Moved further south into 19-22’ water and found more and better fish. By 10:30 we had 27 keepers and several were 1.50-1.80#. Most were 14-15’ deep and would hammer it as soon as you got it there! I knew where there are some laydowns in 18-20’ water and I had a feeling they would be loaded with Black Crappie so we made a move and was I ever right! By noon we had a 50 fish lkmit and threw back another 15-20 keepers. White/Chart Crappie Thunders were the ticket.
Beautiful day to be out on Fork. Have a couple driving up from Springtown to get a taste of Fork tomorrow then off to Hugo to fish Wally’s Crappie tournament Saturday.
Fork is fishing great as well as Lavon. Had limits this week there fishing 5-20’ water.
Check out my facebook for latest pictures and if you want to learn how to fish timber I am your man. I promise it’s not your daddy’s tying up to a tree style. We get after them and dial in the depth, the type of timber and you will catch better quality fish on timber over any other type of Crappie fishing.
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Fork today - 05/16/18 10:39 PM

Good stuff.

>E
Posted By: pop r

Re: Fork today - 05/17/18 02:18 AM

thumb Good job Jerry.
Posted By: Laner

Re: Fork today - 05/17/18 02:24 AM

Someone needs to take Jerry up on his offer. Catching multiple two pound fish in an outing is not easy to come by, and the chance to learn from one of the best is priceless.
Posted By: Sandblaster

Re: Fork today - 05/17/18 03:02 AM

Good Info!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Fork today - 05/17/18 01:59 PM

Headed to Fork next weekend gonna see if I can stumble into a crappie or 3! Jerry is the man on timber. cheers

Re: Fork today - 05/18/18 03:21 AM

Had 50 this morning by 10:00 am. Had 3 over 2 pounds with a a 2.30# big fish. Fork is, well Fork. Nothing comes close in my book. 15-28’ water. 12-16’ deep
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Fork today - 05/18/18 04:36 AM

thumb good job
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Fork today - 05/18/18 06:48 PM

wopics

seeing some 2 pounders on a certified bologna scale would really turn me on fella. lol

Re: Fork today - 05/18/18 11:11 PM

Yeah I’m lying
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Fork today - 05/19/18 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: leanin post
wopics

seeing some 2 pounders on a certified bologna scale would really turn me on fella. lol

There is only one certified bologna scale and when I show it, you can't handle the truth.

Daylight is just now getting long enough, 12 to 18 feet deep in 25 FOW+!

Spawning deep.

Thick! Son! Thick! Bingo!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Fork today - 05/19/18 12:49 AM

I believe him, my wife and I had 50 in 2 1/2 hours this afternoon, 30 were keepers easy, all released.
and this !!. Fish are biting, I wish I had been entered in the Legend Tournament...

Re: Fork today - 05/19/18 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service
Yeah I’m lying

sheesh, I guess you cant joke with anyone on this forum anymore, who the hell accused you of lying anyway?
If you have an attitude like that, to jump to conclusions of negativity, I sure would not want to hire you for a day of fishing.....
has anyone ever fished with you twice?

Re: Fork today - 05/19/18 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: SheCrappieKilla
Originally Posted By: leanin post
wopics

There is only one certified bologna scale and when I show it, you can't handle the truth.

Daylight is just now getting long enough, 12 to 18 feet deep in 25 FOW+!

Spawning deep.

well at least your smart enough to listen to my advice and teachings.. next year you wont be catching dinks of the bank like you have been doing all your life, you will be catching the slabs, the mature fish that most others arent targeting. years from now you can tell your grandkids, how you learned from me, and you inspired to be like me. if you see me on the water I would be happy to sign your snoopy tackle box for you. roflmao

Thick! Son! Thick! Bingo!
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Fork today - 05/19/18 12:40 PM

popcorn2 popcorn Waitin on a pic of a 2+ lber caught by LP

Kinda like me telling Jason Day and Jordan Spieth how to play golf. roflmao
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Fork today - 05/19/18 04:49 PM

With the potential new world record being over 5 lbs... quibbling over a mere little 2 lb crappie, is about the equivalent of toddlers fighting over bathtub toys..step it up or you'll get left behind.. jack slinger
Posted By: jimmy nagami

Re: Fork today - 05/19/18 06:28 PM

good job
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Fork today - 05/19/18 08:43 PM

I know Jerry and SCK both personally, and if both/either of them say they have caught a 2#(+), you can believe it.

Re: Fork today - 05/19/18 11:20 PM

How do you know I wasn’t joking? You throw the without pictures out its worthless thread remark. I have all the pictures on my facebook if you want to see what we do on a daily basis. And yes I have customers who have fished with me for 15 years.
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Fork today - 05/19/18 11:57 PM

Your a solid guide with years of experience Jerry! I shutter to think of how many 2#+ fish you have to your career!!!
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Fork today - 05/20/18 01:33 AM

If you have an attitude like that, to jump to conclusions of negativity, I sure would not want to hire you for a day of fishing.....
has anyone ever fished with you twice? [/quote].

I have. And will again.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Fork today - 05/20/18 10:10 AM

Pics are hard to set up the way this format has been changed. Everyone is having problems. I wish JP could solve this problem. I am no computer expert but it seems like that would be a simple fix.
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: Fork today - 05/20/18 11:43 PM

Jerry , Don’t waste your time on pictures for some A$$ hole that has never seen a 2#+,
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Fork today - 05/21/18 02:37 PM

Bunch of Grumpy old men
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Fork today - 05/21/18 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Bunch of Grumpy old men

They're turning into bass fishermen!!!! nuts roflmao
Posted By: SK.

Re: Fork today - 05/21/18 04:09 PM

Yesterday I got to float on top of Fork waters for the 1st time....
Beautiful lake and I'm not sure the fish (of course crappie) always hit so aggressively but they sure did yesterday...
Good info on depths of water and depths the fish are...
The fish are definitely hitting good...
I didn't get what I went there for so I'll float it again real soon...
Oohh you're wondering what I went there for? At least one 3 pounder....LOL
We even got to stop by Thermocline Lures...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum