Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville Help

Posted By: hawghunter58

Lake Lewisville Help - 05/12/18 04:32 AM

I’ve been out of the game for the past 10 years or so and just pulled the trigger on a boat. I grew up fishing Lewisville but never for crappie always bass. I’ve got a 3 yr old who can’t wait to go fishing on “his” new boat and I’d love to get him on some fish and chunking lures for bass Isn’t going to do it. I’m not asking for anyone’s honey hole just some general guidance to help me get my kiddo hooked up with some fish. What should I be looking for and what bait would be best I literally know nothing about crappie fishing. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Posted By: Crappie Husband

Re: Lake Lewisville Help - 05/12/18 12:38 PM

I suck at locating fish in open water so I always fished what I could see. I used to do fairly well fishing the standing timber north of Little Elm Park, which would be convenient for you.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Lake Lewisville Help - 05/12/18 01:04 PM

Check the Bridges they will have fish on them this time of year.

Re: Lake Lewisville Help - 05/12/18 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Tech03
I suck at locating fish in open water so I always fished what I could see. I used to do fairly well fishing the standing timber north of Little Elm Park, which would be convenient for you.

I'll be launching from there actually. Should I target a certain depth?

Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2
Check the Bridges they will have fish on them this time of year.

That was my initial plan. How about baits I've got some little jigs I can use but minnows for the kiddo?
Posted By: TR176

Re: Lake Lewisville Help - 05/12/18 06:28 PM

Get to there early and fish the bridge. Minnows should work very well. The fish could be anywhere but I would start at 10-12 feet and go all the way to the bottom.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Lake Lewisville Help - 05/12/18 08:59 PM

Minnows 8-15 ft should get bit on the bridges. The little elm bridge is the worst bridge to fish IMO but it is close to the ramp and you will definitely find fish there.

Re: Lake Lewisville Help - 05/13/18 01:28 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully I can post some pics of a happy kiddo with a slab or two tomorrow morning.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Lake Lewisville Help - 05/13/18 02:19 AM

get a box of worms too. Youngsters are fascinated with them. If the actions is slow, then they naturally start chumming with them... Best of luck with the daddy guide service.

Re: Lake Lewisville Help - 05/13/18 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed-n-eddy
get a box of worms too. Youngsters are fascinated with them. If the actions is slow, then they naturally start chumming with them... Best of luck with the daddy guide service.

Good call
Posted By: Crappie Husband

Re: Lake Lewisville Help - 05/13/18 05:31 AM

Let us know how it went
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum