Texas Fishing Forum

When to use bladed jig heads?

Posted By: RickyBobby4

When to use bladed jig heads? - 05/02/18 05:50 PM

Hey yall, so I'm looking for some info on when to use a bladed head as opposed to a traditional jig head. I've heard that they are better in the spring when the fish are shallow, but I've never had much luck with them. Any thoughts?
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: When to use bladed jig heads? - 05/02/18 06:42 PM

IMHO, any situation where the jig is "moving". I don't use them for vertical jigging.

Muddy/dirty water is another good time.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: When to use bladed jig heads? - 05/02/18 06:51 PM

Whenever you want. There really isn't a good or bad time to use them IMO.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: When to use bladed jig heads? - 05/02/18 08:17 PM

I have a rod with a regular jig head tyed on and a rod with a bladed jig head tyed on. In other words I use them all the time. I have a lot of confidence in them. Two reasons why, first is the flash, and second is the sound and vibration. Yes sir and I do dock shoot um. I ketch fish on um in the shade, maybe they fall a little slower I don't. And another suggestion for you, is try some scent if your not. Some times it wont matter, but other times it will... IMO
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: When to use bladed jig heads? - 05/02/18 11:26 PM

They’re the only jig heads i fish with. Bonehead BX 1/8th oz with willow leaf blade.
Posted By: Shawn the printer

Re: When to use bladed jig heads? - 05/03/18 11:49 PM

I had a blade fall off the other day and did not notice why they stopped biting. I put another jig on and started catching fish again.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum