Texas Fishing Forum

Belton yesterday.

Posted By: leanin post

Belton yesterday. - 04/25/18 08:22 PM

there must have been a heck of a great fishing report gauging by the amount of folks fishing by bank and boats. We went check some spots on the north end and saw one crappie caught of the bank and we caught 2 at the bridge, then headed south. spoke with a gentleman was fishing near us and he wasnt getting much action either. I knew there was a pattern south, in 21 plus feet of water, so we headed that way. . last time out they were suspended but yesterday the crappie that were biting were sitting on bottom, and wanted the jig dragged slowly past thier nose. LFT baby shad in chartreuse was good. caught mostly small fish, then had sonar problems so we called it a day early. found a new tree and caught a crappie and a bass off of it a few trips back, . if u want to go check it out the coordinates are there.

Posted By: crapicat

Re: Belton yesterday. - 04/25/18 09:07 PM

Nice looking tree, great pic!
Posted By: AQUA11

Re: Belton yesterday. - 04/26/18 01:07 PM

Thanks for the info. That tree is lit up.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Belton yesterday. - 04/26/18 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: AQUA11
Thanks for the info. That tree is lit up.

Dang it, dad is coming this way tomorrow, otherwise, I would help you locate it! bang roflmao
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Belton yesterday. - 04/26/18 02:44 PM

thanks for the report thumb

Hopefully this front wont shut them down for long
Posted By: Crappie Cats TV

Re: Belton yesterday. - 04/26/18 03:11 PM

banana
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Belton yesterday. - 04/26/18 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat
Nice looking tree, great pic!

I like the amber 2 color pallet better on the humminbirds, but that lowrance Elite 5 DI , the blue seems to be better for my eyes.

that tree looks to have fell over off the bank and theres a hard drop off the back of it, and a flat in front of it, so it should be a good one at certain times and depths.
As MCArthur said in the Philippines, " I shall return".

anyone fishing belton that is not doing good shallow, go south and fish timber, fish are scattered, so catch a couple then move on. PLENTY trees in 20 plus feet right now. not much on brush , a few little fish showing up here and there, not worth messing with. find patches of timber, and if you dont see fish suspended on your graph, cast out a LFT baby shad, with no extra weight other than a 1/8th or 16th jighead and slowly drag it across the bottom. green colors have been good, but the long profile has been the main factor I believe.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum