Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th

Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 04/25/18 08:21 PM

Hope to see you all at this fun tournament. Jerry Hancock and myself will be sitting this out and running the weigh in. Going to be a blast.

Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 04/27/18 09:39 PM

Gona be a good one so sign up and win some prizes. Junior anglers are also included in this one.
Along with Jerry and Tommy, Pat Martin and myself and maybe a couple more CAT guys will be helping at the weigh in.

And don't forget the CAT meeting May 6th to hear Jerry talk about Lavon and what the crappie are doing right now. Jerry also has experience fishing these hourly weigh in tournaments and will have some pointers.

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 05/04/18 01:09 PM

Thumper's Elite Outfitters will be OPEN Saturday May 5th from 7am till Noon.

Tommy Ezell will be available during this time only for early sign up for the LAVON BONANZA that will be held May 12th.

Come on by and get signed up!

Thumper's Elite Outfitters
2555 Lavon Pkwy.
Wylie Tx. 75098
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 05/04/18 02:16 PM

Little man's ready!! He asked if you would build a good dock and brush it out for him before he get's there so he can shoot docks too! Your not too busy for that are you Tommy??? roflmao

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 05/04/18 03:09 PM

I'm ready to get in some fun fishn. Lil man needs to put this ole man on them Palestine crappies! hooked
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 05/04/18 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
Little man's ready!! He asked if you would build a good dock and brush it out for him before he get's there so he can shoot docks too! Your not too busy for that are you Tommy??? roflmao

Tommy could build a dock in the parking lot and Little Man would still catch good fish off it.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 05/04/18 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
Originally Posted By: Slewfoot

Tommy could build a dock in the parking lot and Little Man would still catch good fish off it.

That would be his story anyhow! He must get that from his mother! Big Hybrids ate all the crappie in Palestine! Be lucky to find 7 keeper fish! violin
Posted By: Matt Carroll

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 05/09/18 05:09 AM

Ttt

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 05/10/18 01:20 PM

Lavon is on fire!

Get registered

Collin Park Ramp Friday May 11th from 5:00pm-6:00pm. Collin Park Ramp Saturday May 12th 6:00am-7:00am. Park entrance fees will be charged at Collin Park unless you are only registering for the tournament and leave the park in a timely manner. For complete details and rules visit the Crappie Bonanza tab on the website.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 05/10/18 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Tommy Ezell
Lavon is on fire!

Get registered

Collin Park Ramp Friday May 11th from 5:00pm-6:00pm. Collin Park Ramp Saturday May 12th 6:00am-7:00am. Park entrance fees will be charged at Collin Park unless you are only registering for the tournament and leave the park in a timely manner. For complete details and rules visit the Crappie Bonanza tab on the website.
Yes it is cleaned 36 mon, lost or threwback 12 to 15. Going again SOOOON!
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 05/10/18 02:03 PM

I've read the rules, but it doesn't say how many fish you can have in the livewell. Can I assume that you can have up to 25/person? I've never fished a crappie tourney.

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 05/10/18 02:47 PM

As many as the law states. Weight in one per hour.

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 05/11/18 01:03 AM

Get in on the fun crappie fishing.

CAT plans to make this an annual event, so the hope is that the first Crappie Bonanza hits some level of success.
With a bigger turnout comes more sponsors and more money and prizes.
Lavon is fishing really well right now and catching a few slabs to weigh in should not be a problem.

And don't forget, the junior angler tournament is running at the same time. So even if you're not inclined to fish a tournament, bring the kids and Mom out for some fishing fun. The juniors fish free; just need to get by registration and sign them up.

Good luck to all and be safe.

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 05/12/18 01:20 AM

At sign up this afternoon, plenty of talk about fish being caught at all depths. And some good ones also.
If you're undecided, the fish are biting well. We'll be by the ramp a little after 6 in the am for signup.
You can launch anywhere and start fishing at 7 am. Weigh in will be on the east side of the ramp in the grassy area.
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 05/12/18 03:37 AM

Ive ran 4 guide trips this week. 40-100 keepers a trip with this wind. Fish are everywhere!
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Lake Lavon Hourly Big Fish Tournament May 12th - 05/12/18 03:53 AM

See y’all in am! This lake kicked my butt last tourney I fished , looking for some revenge!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum