Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo Lake accommodations.

Posted By: crapicat

Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/10/18 04:35 PM

Seeking advice for Caddo Lake accommodations. I have never been, to Caddo Lake, but would appreciate any/all suggestions on accommodations for a place to stay. Would prefer a place with a boat ramp, and cabins...an outdoor grill would be a plus, as well. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Posted By: Porkchop80

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/10/18 05:07 PM

Be hard to find a rental with a private ramp. there are some rentals on the river and on the big lake but not many with ramps. VRBO is where you may find some.

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/10/18 05:17 PM

House rentals are available, never considered that angle...thanks,
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/10/18 05:31 PM

got tied up and didn't get a chance to reply to your question in the other thread. I don't know of any cabins with private ramps. there are several cabins that can be rented from spatterdock cabins. one other that comes to mind is gator lodge but its a further drive, its located closer to the Louisiana Texas state line. there are others on the main river but I don't know anything about them.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/10/18 07:09 PM

Johnsons ranch...903 789 3213

Johnsons Ranch.net

They have one cabin open...
She is expecting your call.

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/10/18 08:03 PM

Got signed up at Johnson’s, Ranch...seems there is a crawfish and calf fries festival on Saturday...evidently the fish are biting, she said they been catching good numbers on a steady basis...guess if they don’t bite due to the cold front, we can always go listen to the music and eat good food!
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/10/18 08:06 PM

The State Park has
Cabins
A boat Ramp
and grills/fire rings

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/10/18 08:10 PM

I will check that place out when I get there, kdub.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/10/18 08:50 PM

Johnson's Ranch looks like your kind of place crapicat. And that crawfish festival will be a hoot I'm sure. Good times.

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/10/18 08:58 PM

Ken, they are a fish camp, and the lady was very forthcoming about that...and yes, I am certain I will be able to rest, relax, and unwind from all my many responsibilities!

And yes sir, right down my alley! When I return, I May even have to go slumming to a couple of the horned frog baseball games! martini
Posted By: SpinFly

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/10/18 09:10 PM

We stayed at Gator Lodge several years ago. Has a private boat house you can also fish from. Good accommodations, nothing fancy. Little further drive on land but is more central to the big lake and some of the more popular river spots.

But a crawfish festival would be hard to pass up. Enjoy your time at one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/10/18 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat
Ken, they are a fish camp, and the lady was very forthcoming about that...and yes, I am certain I will be able to rest, relax, and unwind from all my many responsibilities!

And yes sir, right down my alley! When I return, I May even have to go slumming to a couple of the horned frog baseball games! martini
I think you should change your handle to Mayor SlumDog....as much politicking and potlickin as you do. welcome
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/10/18 09:23 PM

I may have to skip work anyways! !

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/11/18 04:05 AM

So Roachie, are you IN or Out? Friday to Monday if you are riding with me, whenever if you are driving? Troy, you coming over or what? Crappie express? Nac crew? Don’t be shy, guys...Johnson’s ranch may be full but other places aren’t...
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/12/18 02:16 AM

You know that problem I told you about several years ago?

April 15th is fast approaching and it ain't happinin again.

Plus I got more work than bills right now.

I will call in a couple of weeks and come see you.

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/12/18 02:45 PM

No problem Roachie, just wanted you to know you were welcome to come along, if you so desired. thumb

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/12/18 02:52 PM

You will find all kinds of accommodations on caddo lake. I will be willing to bet the crappie don't crappie Accommodate you. If you find crappie on caddo right now my hats off to you it's super tough.

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/12/18 03:37 PM

I don’t expect a lot, myself ..but I would like to see how the new 360does in a shallow body of water...and of course, visit with my daughter (and boyfriend) who just turned 21 a week or so ago! The folks at Johnson’s basically said the same thing you did...don’t expect much with the cold front conditions...

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/17/18 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Porkchop80
You will find all kinds of accommodations on caddo lake. I will be willing to bet the crappie don't crappie Accommodate you. If you find crappie on caddo right now my hats off to you it's super tough.

Ok, so the short version is this...fished between 1pm to 5pm two days and an hour yesterday...Kept 14, 20, and 3. Threw many more back...all on Jigs, no nibbles or minners. Fished from 5 to 12 fow. More later..
Posted By: tech

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/17/18 04:46 PM

how was Johnsons Ranch
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/17/18 06:50 PM

Ok, so the short version is this...fished between 1pm to 5pm two days and an hour yesterday...Kept 14, 20, and 3. Threw many more back...all on Jigs, no nibbles or minners. Fished from 5 to 12 fow. More later..
Sounds pretty good to me. I've certainly done worse, especially on an unfamiliar lake.

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/18/18 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: bush hog

Sounds pretty good to me. I've certainly done worse, especially on an unfamiliar lake.

There was a definite acclimation period...but, as usual, I adapted to the situation, I mean hey, they are still crappie...actually, I had to pull out my secret weapon to get bit...

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/18/18 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: tech
how was Johnsons Ranch

Ideally located...my first thought after looking at the paper map.
Very interesting people! Good folks...made the trip a real pleasure, and will keep me returning.
Older and modest accommodations, clean with linens, and towels, pots pans, etc.
Safe and protected...I don’t recall ever locking my vehicle, bringing in my Yetis, out of the pickup bed, or locking the lodging door...in fact, John, the dock master, kept my truck keys in his pocket most of the time, after backing the boat down the ramp and launching me. Uncertain has a population of 75 currently, and if anything bad happens, they all come together and straighten it out...interestingly, if you have never been there before (like me), or are from the metro mess (not me) safe/secure would not be your first impression...I got lucky, showed about 4/5 pm, and realized that at the end of the day, is when all the information is shared between fishermen/fisher women and the marina staff...hung around the marina enough to get a good idea of who the people really are, in their own mind!

The lake was like traveling g back in time, well except when a bass boat came flying by at full throttle...I even got to see a canoe full of teens flip into the water! Kind of reminded me of taking the girlfriends out canoeing.

Glad you asked!

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/18/18 03:19 PM

My hats off to you Crapicat. I have spent 3
weekends of the last month on caddo. 1st caught 2 crappie all weekend the next i caught 6 crappie all weekend. last weekend I skipped to do some honey does. I am going this weekend so tell me the secret cause if I don't find more than 5 I'm done. The thing is it's perfect for me to fish. in-laws have a house on the water and I cant catch fish on the lake. makes me want to pull my hair out.

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/18/18 08:23 PM

So porkchop, I MAY be able to do better than that...if you got a couch, for me to crash, and I can get a kitchen pass this weekend...I will drag my boat over and SHOW YOU...what I did...where I did it...and most importantly, what I did it with it (it is a new bait that I custom designed and am testing)...my stock of these baits are currently limited to what I have on hand...not only that, but I found some places to fish that I didn’t have time to fish, that I am guessing are good spots, as well....we can go fish those areas.

Yea, caddo is my kind of lake...I like fishing mostly shallow water, defined as 15 feet or less. That said, I don’t know squat about fishing Cyprus trees...and it IS easy to get lost...lol

Thank goodness for good electronics and lakemaster, and waterproof maps! roflmao

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/18/18 08:59 PM

I'm glad they treated you good...when I called to check the place out for you I told them you were a retired dignitary and there may be a few folks kinda hanging around in the shadows.

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/18/18 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: TroyKing
I'm glad they treated you good...when I called to check the place out for you I told them you were a retired dignitary and there may be a few folks kinda hanging around in the shadows.

roflmao roflmao STOP IT! My sides are killing me....WELL, that EXPLAINS a lot of things....lol
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/19/18 12:54 AM

Certainly explains how you caught those fish. Probably had to have two divers down there hooking crappie on your line. roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/19/18 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
Certainly explains how you caught those fish. Probably had to have two divers down there hooking crappie on your line. roflmao roflmao roflmao

Not you too Ken... roflmao roflmao You guys are killing me...my ribs are already sore from laughing at Troy, now you are really hurting me... roflmao

On the plus side, I did just a little recon, there is a place about a quarter mile down the bayou, that is perfect for you...two little one room cabins, right next to the café! Best food in town! roflmao they served a dang good bacon cheeseburger! Service was slow, cause the place was packed! Imagine having to wait on a table in a town with a total population of 75...just don’t make sense... hmmm
Posted By: Abbott (MCM Tackle)

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/19/18 12:47 PM

I have got to get out and fish. Maybe this weekend I can sneak out since it is my bday monday

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/19/18 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Abbott
I have got to get out and fish. Maybe this weekend I can sneak out since it is my bday monday

Fishing is good for the soul...

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/19/18 06:22 PM

OK Crapicat. I will do you one better your own room and a shower plus meals. 903-826-0699

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/19/18 07:58 PM

OK Crapicat. I will do you one better your own room and a shower plus meals. 903-826-0699

Uh...um crappiecat is unavailable...I'll be taking calls for him...when do I need to show up? nannyboo

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/19/18 09:12 PM

When I get in tonight, I will call...what is the latest you will take a call? I may not be in till 10pm. Otherwise, what is the earliest in the am?

So Troy, I now got Crapicat answering service? woot

Say, Troy, Did you get that text about the hot bite that I am about to go check out? roflmao

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/19/18 10:34 PM

That will be fine i umpire until 9
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/20/18 01:33 AM

Planning on fishing Saturday morning before the rain hits unless they revise the forecast. Right now it’s supposed to hold off until 1 or so. Maybe we’ll see you guys out there.
Posted By: Abbott (MCM Tackle)

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/20/18 02:17 AM

I bet i am in the shop all weekend. Got a lot brewing on the table right now

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/20/18 04:40 AM

That will be fine i umpire until 9

Just got in..will call in the am...pm sent

Re: Caddo Lake accommodations. - 04/20/18 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By: CrappieXpress
Planning on fishing Saturday morning before the rain hits unless they revise the forecast. Right now it’s supposed to hold off until 1 or so. Maybe we’ll see you guys out there.

Text me anytime tomorrow...I will be away from my phone for a while tomorrow, so probably wouldn’t be able to answer a call...PM sent.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum