Texas Fishing Forum

murvall G2G..## POSTPONED##....due to wind and weather forecast.

Posted By: TroyKing

murvall G2G..## POSTPONED##....due to wind and weather forecast. - 04/03/18 03:13 PM

The wind and weather is going to be terrible.... therefore we have decided to postpone and reschedule....I wanted to give all this who reserved cabins time to cancel....right now looks like may 19th is about the only weekend I have open in May...this should be a great time considering it is before school let's out and the facilities at the lake get full....y'all let me know what you think.

-Where?....We will be meeting at lake murvall...as far as directions go I wouldn't entirely trust your GPS...so here they are.. from hwy 315 at Clayton take hwy 1970 south.. take a right on Fm 1234 it dead ends at murvall marina.

-When?...(( Possibly May 19th)) we will have a fun tournament (7:00 till 12:00..details to follow).. and then a fish fry afterwards.

Even if you don't come to fish y'all come to fellowship and meet and greet and eat!

-Reminder...if you have booked a cabin, bring your own bedding and towels ect...also there are no coffee pots..( I'll try to have a couple pots brewed at the pavilion that morning)

Some of us will be coming in to fish Friday and staying the night...so hopefully we will have plenty of fresh fish...

-Other pertinent stuff...the only Gas around is at the corner store in Clayton
There is also a general doller there.

As far as restaurants go there is fuglers feed trough on 1970... Everything they have is excellent (breakfast lunch or dinner)
They also sell Minnows.

There is also a great BBQ joint on 1970 (if you can catch them open)

-The pavilion... is totally enclosed with roll up doors
It has a kitchen, showers, restrooms, as well as tables...( I'm covering the fee)

Y'all comment on here and let's get an official head count to see how many we are looking at serving, and what we need for sides ect

I will be bringing homade tarter sauce,and baked beans as well as a big thing of paper plates and aluminium pans.
My wife said she can make up a few pies.

Feel free to bring what you want...( However keep it family friendly)

If someone has a nice fish fryer that can cook a lot fast that would be great!

Also speak up if you are bringing a boat or need a back seat to fish out of.

-The tournament...hasn't been completely worked out yet...But I'm leaning towards a 7 fish limit per boat and fish as many people per boat as you want to or legally can ( this will depend on the boater/ non boater ratio).

A 25$ Academy gift card has been donated to be awarded to the person who catches the biggest (non crappie) trash fish noidea

Thanks... Troy

Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/03/18 03:55 PM

Sounds like it's gona be a great time. I do have an excuse though; I'm headed to deep south Texas for a nilgai hunt and a little fishing in the Laguna Madre. Y'all catch a bunch and eat plenty.

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/03/18 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
Sounds like it's gona be a great time. I do have an excuse though; I'm headed to deep south Texas for a nilgai hunt and a little fishing in the Laguna Madre. Y'all catch a bunch and eat plenty.

so your willing to trade a 45 lb black drum for a 3lb crappie? roflmao

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/03/18 07:39 PM

Maybe an 8-9 lb trout. Or better still, a box full of mangrove snapper, super good eating.
However, a 3 lb crappie has a strong appeal.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/03/18 08:02 PM

Take enough gun, those Nilgai are tough to bring down... slinger

So Troy, Rachel, Travis, and I will be there...I am coming in Friday, whenever I get there, so keep your phone charged and handy. Not sure about Rachel/Travis.

I think Crope1 and Roachie are staying with me, at least I have told them I there is a bed with their names on it...and I got the biggest room they offer...six beds or something...like that...

I am bringing my boat, As of now, Rachel/Travis are fishing with me...I told them the boat is leaving at daylight Saturday. Guess it depends on when they make it in...and if they get up early enough to catch the boat! I might be able to squeeze someone else in, if absolutely necessary...

Please DEFINE family friendly... roflmao

Hey, what are some good colors on that lake...besides menners, that is...
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/03/18 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat

Take enough gun, those Nilgai are tough to bring down... slinger

So Troy, Rachel, Travis, and I will be there...I am coming in Friday, whenever I get there, so keep your phone charged and handy. Not sure about Rachel/Travis.

I think Crope1 and Roachie are staying with me, at least I have told them I there is a bed with their names on it...and I got the biggest room they offer...six beds or something...like that...

I am bringing my boat, As of now, Rachel/Travis are fishing with me...I told them the boat is leaving at daylight Saturday. Guess it depends on when they make it in...and if they get up early enough to catch the boat! I might be able to squeeze someone else in, if absolutely necessary...

Please DEFINE family friendly... roflmao

Hey, what are some good colors on that lake...besides menners, that is...

No fish will bite a jig there unless equipped with a crappie nibble..... just a little friendly tidbit
Posted By: Abbott (MCM Tackle)

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/03/18 08:18 PM

Wish I could go, but come to find out I got to work that weekend.

Crapicat I will have your jigs done and out to you by then. I expect u to win the tourney on my jigs wink

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/03/18 08:19 PM

I’ll be there. Planning to fish Friday and Saturday at daylight both days. Wife will be with me on Friday but don’t know about Saturday yet. I can bring sides and fish if needed. Please let me know what’s needed. Can also bring paper plates utensils etc
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/03/18 08:27 PM

Careful keeping ditch pickles on that lake because there is a slot.

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/03/18 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
Careful keeping ditch pickles on that lake because there is a slot.

So, fill me in, I need to know which ones I can keep for lunch/dinner...
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/03/18 09:21 PM

For largemouth bass, length limit is a 14-21” slot. Bass 14 inches and less or 21 inches or greater in length may be retained. Only one largemouth bass 21 inches or greater may be retained each day.
Posted By: Three Nails Guide

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/03/18 11:12 PM

Sounds like a fun time. Wish I could make it
Posted By: bush hog

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/04/18 02:26 AM

Troy, let's just set a jar on the table for everyone to pitch in a little on the pavilion. No need in you paying for it by yourself. I'll bring a side dish and some jugs of tea. Is Jacob doing the cooking? You have my number so call if I can be of help.

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/04/18 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: bush hog
Troy, let's just set a jar on the table for everyone to pitch in a little on the pavilion. No need in you paying for it by yourself. I'll bring a side dish and some jugs of tea. Is Jacob doing the cooking? You have my number so call if I can be of help.

Agreed no need for you to cover it all.

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/04/18 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Three Nails Guide
Sounds like a fun time. Wish I could make it

Want us to set a plate at the table, just in case?

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/04/18 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: CrappieXpress
Originally Posted By: bush hog

Agreed no need for you to cover it all.

Agreed...
Posted By: ArgyleFloater

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/04/18 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: TroyKing
The get together is 12 days away, so I wanted to start a new thread in in effort to tie up any loose ends.

-Where?....We will be meeting at lake murvall...as far as directions go I wouldn't entirely trust your GPS...so here they are.. from hwy 315 at Clayton take hwy 1970 south.. take a right on Fm 1234 it dead ends at murvall marina.

-When?... April 14th we will have a fun tournament (7:00 till 12:00..details to follow).. and then a fish fry afterwards.

Even if you don't come to fish y'all come to fellowship and meet and greet and eat!

-Reminder...if you have booked a cabin, bring your own bedding and towels ect...also there are no coffee pots..( I'll try to have a couple pots brewed at the pavilion that morning)

Some of us will be coming in to fish Friday and staying the night...so hopefully we will have plenty of fresh fish...

-Other pertinent stuff...the only Gas around is at the corner store in Clayton
There is also a general doller there.

As far as restaurants go there is fuglers feed trough on 1970... Everything they have is excellent (breakfast lunch or dinner)
They also sell Minnows.

There is also a great BBQ joint on 1970 (if you can catch them open)

-The pavilion... is totally enclosed with roll up doors
It has a kitchen, showers, restrooms, as well as tables...( I'm covering the fee)

Y'all comment on here and let's get an official head count to see how many we are looking at serving, and what we need for sides ect

I will be bringing homade tarter sauce,and baked beans as well as a big thing of paper plates and aluminium pans.
My wife said she can make up a few pies.

Feel free to bring what you want...( However keep it family friendly)

If someone has a nice fish fryer that can cook a lot fast that would be great!

Also speak up if you are bringing a boat or need a back seat to fish out of.

-The tournament...hasn't been completely worked out yet...But I'm leaning towards a 7 fish limit per boat and fish as many people per boat as you want to or legally can ( this will depend on the boater/ non boater ratio).

A 25$ Academy gift card has been donated to be awarded to the person who catches the biggest (non crappie) trash fish noidea

Thanks... Troy

I told you earlier I would be there but now I have to cancel. Y'all have fun!

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/05/18 02:40 AM

Well Troy, looks like I will win the farthest traveler award again this year...too far over to deep East Texas! Just call me Paladin, have rod, will travel... slinger

fish hooked
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/05/18 05:03 PM

Troy...Talked to the fellas in Nac and we'll be there Friday night! Total of 3 of us coming!

Looking forward to a fun time as usual cheers

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/05/18 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Action_Jackson
Troy...Talked to the fellas in Nac and we'll be there Friday night! Total of 3 of us coming!

Looking forward to a fun time as usual cheers

Look me up when you get there...I’ll leave word with the office, that y’all may be looking for me, I don’t remember my cabin number. If I don’t answer, look out on the lake for the boat lit up with green lights, I may be catching something for dinner, bass on the half shell, anyone? I will probably be fishing some of those monster crappie baits I got from TBox, in them bush hog bass piles, on the points! Those things are so big I could catch lake trout in 50ft of water with them! I mean hey, I already caught some good crappie in a foot of water with them...Bass eat them too...lol

Re: New, improved , updated murvall spring get together thread. - 04/06/18 01:16 AM

Yep them big old baits will catch em!
Posted By: palomar

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/06/18 01:43 AM

I plan on coming Saturday, party of one and have empty seat for anyone that wants to join me in my old 1991 King Fisher. I do have decent electronics, Xi5 linked to Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 2 Touch. I've fished Murvaul a few times but not enough to guarantee we'll catch fish.

I plan on bringing a dessert. I do have a small Bayou Classic fish fryer - can bring that if needed.

Thanks for organizing this get together. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/06/18 02:26 PM

If the weather cooperates we should have a lot better catch than last year at Naconiche. Last couple days I've located fish under docks, in the brush and still in the shallows. Several folks still drowning minnows around the island in front of the boat ramps so that's always a good sign. Look forward to meeting everyone again next week! clap
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/06/18 06:03 PM

Man, I wish I could be there to give your son a ride in the Jimmy Johnson boat but that is the weekend we are celebrating our Easter with my kids (son and gf is coming up from Austin). You guys be safe and catch a bunch of feeshes. fish

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/06/18 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
Man, I wish I could be there to give your son a ride in the Jimmy Johnson boat but that is the weekend we are celebrating our Easter with my kids (son and gf is coming up from Austin). You guys be safe and catch a bunch of feeshes. fish
He would love that...bless his heart he was sick as a dog last weekend at crappie fest...and missed Mon and Tuesday of school as well...that is a gorgeous boat for a nitro! nuts
Posted By: Jacob

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/07/18 02:09 AM

I’ve got a double burner fryer that I can bring if needed. Just let me know!

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/07/18 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Jacob
great!! Y'all fishing sat morning with us?

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/07/18 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Jacob
great!! Y'all fishing sat morning with us?

Yes sir. Me and Ranger-188-2007.
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/07/18 04:02 AM

I am still planning on being there.

Still planning on crashing with you crapicat, and looking for a ride Saturday. Planning to leave after lunch on Friday so should be there by 3.

I will supply the propane(4 bottles do?) and can get a big jug of peanut oil at Sams this week.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/07/18 07:09 AM

Originally Posted By: MrRoachie

Still planning on crashing with you crapicat, and looking for a ride Saturday. Planning to leave after lunch on Friday so should be there by 3.

I will supply the propane(4 bottles do?) and can get a big jug of peanut oil at Sams this week.

Check with Palomar for the backseat...Barring any trouble should be there by check in time.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/07/18 09:32 AM

Check with Palomar for the backseat...Barring any trouble should be there by check in time.
thanks on the propane and oil!!!

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/07/18 12:02 PM

Palomar.... You got a back seat open.

Crapicat... Need me to bring some Kerrygold and crackers?

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/07/18 12:58 PM

I haven’t seen where anyone is in charge of plates and silverware.’I’ll bring disposable plates and silverware. Is the plan to use fresh fish? If not I have a bunch in the freezer I can bring. Also have several propane coolers and propane if we need more.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/07/18 02:15 PM

Sure, BTW, got any extra charcoal? I’m thinking, bass on the half shell may be a good option for Friday and/or Saturday night...I will be Bringing tin foil and some topping ingredients.

Troy, if y’all need me to bring anything for the main GTG, let me know...otherwise, I will bringing myself to the festivities...and a few hungry mouths....

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/07/18 02:26 PM

I haven’t seen where anyone is in charge of plates and silverware.’I’ll bring disposable plates and silverware. Is the plan to use fresh fish? If not I have a bunch in the freezer I can bring. Also have several propane coolers and propane if we need more.

I hope that is the plan...that said, since I have never been on that lake, I will have to rely on the locals to do most of the heavy lifting with the crappie catching...looks like bush hog got a leg up in that department...of course, I will defer to those guys on the bringing extra frozen, looks like we will have a good turnout, though.

looks like we may be blessed with some good weather...

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/07/18 07:00 PM

Seat is yours MrRoachie, glad I don't have to fish by myself. Maybe we can locate some fish.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/07/18 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: palomar
Seat is yours MrRoachie, glad I don't have to fish by myself. Maybe we can locate some fish.

Thank you sir!

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/07/18 07:30 PM

Sure, BTW, got any extra charcoal? I’m thinking, bass on the half shell may be a good option for Friday and/or Saturday night...I will be Bringing tin foil and some topping ingredients.

You can have your bass. I'll bring me a steak.

I'll bring some charcoal.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/08/18 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By: palomar

All you got to do, is follow bush hog or Troy around the lake...or just tie on to their back cleat and let them lead you to the fish... roflmao

Me...I’m just gonna ride around the lake all day, with my binos in hand looking for a good hole to potlick! roflmao roflmao

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/08/18 12:26 PM

Fuglers has a little meat market you can buy fresh steaks and pork chops.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/08/18 03:56 PM

Fuglers has a little meat market you can buy fresh steaks and pork chops.

FUGLERS? Shoot, that sounds like Roachie’s kind of place! roflmao

Bet you could get a steak cut 2 inches thick there, Roachie! woot
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/08/18 10:01 PM

Okay guys, do we have a head count? I'm going to make some cobblers and want to make sure there's enough everyone. Anybody have a estimate?

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/08/18 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger-188-2007
Okay guys, do we have a head count? I'm going to make some cobblers and want to make sure there's enough everyone. Anybody have a estimate?

as far as I can tell we have about 25 committed....thats not including spouses that may come.

Also I need a head count on who wants to fish the tournament Saturday morning.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/09/18 01:01 AM

Ranger-188 and I will be fishing it!

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/09/18 01:46 AM

My partner and I will fish it.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/09/18 01:56 AM

MrRoachie and I will probably be fishing the tournament, too.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/09/18 02:02 AM

Hope the weather man is wrong. It's predicted that strong thunder storms and strong winds for Saturday morning. Go figure!

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/09/18 03:55 PM

I originally planned on fishing Friday too but there’s something menacing sounding about the predicted thunderstorms accompanied by 15-25 mph sustained wind and over 40 mph gusts. If the weather forecast holds out on that kinda weather I’ll definitely be saving my vacation that day.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/09/18 04:03 PM

I originally planned on fishing Friday too but there’s something menacing sounding about the predicted thunderstorms accompanied by 15-25 mph sustained wind and over 40 mph gusts. If the weather forecast holds out on that kinda weather I’ll definitely be saving my vacation that day.
yeah I hear you...and it's not looking real nice for Saturday either... murvall is tough with a hard north west wind!...

I'm all for rescheduling this... maybe push it out a month.??

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/09/18 05:15 PM

yeah I hear you...and it's not looking real nice for Saturday either... murvall is tough with a hard north west wind!...

I'm all for rescheduling this... maybe push it out a month.??

I'd would make the call by Wednesday, This crazy weather messes up plans all the time. May weather should be settled done by then. Of course got up today to go to work and my back dropped me to the floor. I'm looking at surgery in the coming months, but trying to put it off. I'm looking for the fountain of youth! Can't interfere with my fishing. Troy just let us know, Thanks.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/09/18 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
He would love that...bless his heart he was sick as a dog last weekend at crappie fest...and missed Mon and Tuesday of school as well...that is a gorgeous boat for a nitro! nuts

If you reschedule, I might be able to make it.

...that is a gorgeous boat for a nitro! splat

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/10/18 01:25 AM

Well, Troy, you and bush hog know the lake best, so y’all call it one way or another...if you call it off, I may just carry my arse to Caddo...never been there either, and I hear there are lots of places to evade the wind...

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/10/18 01:40 AM

I am down for whatever.

Just let me know.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/10/18 01:44 AM

Well, Troy, you and bush hog know the lake best, so y’all call it one way or another...if you call it off, I may just carry my arse to Caddo...never been there either, and I hear there are lots of places to evade the wind...

I'm definitely headed to caddo if we reschedule. I'm free every weekend so I'm good with whatever.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/10/18 02:25 AM

I'm definitely headed to caddo if we reschedule. I'm free every weekend so I'm good with whatever.

Where is a good place to stay? I got three guaranteed...if Roachie, and crope 1 show...I need a place for 5...somewhere close where I could follow you around (often called pot licking without nibbles)

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/10/18 04:07 AM

If I can't work part of the day Friday, I gotta work Saturday.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/10/18 05:08 PM

Well, guys after much angst and deliberation, and some additional information from the people who know the lake, I am cancelling my reservation to the GTG...guess I am gonna try to head to caddo, I hear you can get out of the wind over there... violin
Posted By: THarris22

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/10/18 08:48 PM

I've got to work this Saturday. Hopefully not many more of them this year. Hate that the weather man caused the cancelation. Only job I no off you can be wrong 75% of the time and still keep your job. May will be a better fishing pattern for me anyway.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/10/18 08:54 PM

I's say good call Troy. NWS has 60% chance of rain 8 am Fri to 8 am Sat. Then NW wind 10-15 Fri morning.
supposed to be a fun GTG and that forecast doesn't seem like much fun for fishing.

Re: New, improved , updated MURVALL spring get together thread. - 04/11/18 04:09 AM

I's say good call Troy. NWS has 60% chance of rain 8 am Fri to 8 am Sat. Then NW wind 10-15 Fri morning.
supposed to be a fun GTG and that forecast doesn't seem like much fun for fishing.

So Ken, now you can plan on attending and bringing some of that Nilgai venison to share!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum