Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon

Posted By: chmp186

Lavon - 03/30/18 12:16 PM

Anybody had any luck finding them in the shallow bushes yet or is the rain and higher water affecting their move shallow?
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Lavon - 03/30/18 02:54 PM

I'm going to hit Collin Park Marina when I get out of work today.
Posted By: Gray_Ghost9

Re: Lavon - 03/31/18 01:22 PM

I was out Friday morning, it was cool and the windy. Started off at the tires nothing there and to much wind. I had some grand kids so had to get them some where warmer. Went to the cove by the glass house, never did get in to them, the only ones were buried in the bushes in about 2' water. After it warmed a little went riding and having fun with the kids. Anyone else do any good?
Posted By: PlanoPaul

Re: Lavon - 03/31/18 02:51 PM

I was out last weekend, and went yesterday also. I’ve put a total of 4 fish in the boat.... Been getting my butt kicked out there to say the least. Tried all depths and areas of that lake and can’t find them. The 4 fish i’ve Caught were in 7-10ft. The biggest fish I caught was either a big ol’ male, or a female that was already spawned out, so I have no clue where they are at as far as the spawn goes. Water was a toasty 66. Not trying to be rude guys, but I sure would love to here some more bad reports to help my confidence level at this point hammer
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Lavon - 03/31/18 06:23 PM

LOL paul at least you went, I been busting my fin uh arse, I have crappie on da brain.Wondered if you all paul & gray ghost. if you went up north end, and what water temp was. Thanks for any ikfo .BTW paul need to talk to you about bench seat fot my p2 95yr. think its 67" wide.MAy go out tue. weather permitting.
Posted By: aggie-2001

Re: Lavon - 03/31/18 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: PlanoPaul
I was out last weekend, and went yesterday also. I’ve put a total of 4 fish in the boat.... Been getting my butt kicked out there to say the least. Tried all depths and areas of that lake and can’t find them. The 4 fish i’ve Caught were in 7-10ft. The biggest fish I caught was either a big ol’ male, or a female that was already spawned out, so I have no clue where they are at as far as the spawn goes. Water was a toasty 66. Not trying to be rude guys, but I sure would love to here some more bad reports to help my confidence level at this point hammer

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I almost didn’t post cause I had nothing useful to contribute. But I guess misery loves company. grin I was all over the lake yesterday. Shallow and deep. Caught exactly 0 fish. I barely got any strikes. Frustrating day for sure but a beautiful day to be on the water and not at work. So it’s all good!
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Lavon - 04/02/18 12:40 AM

Caught em good from the bank on Thursday and Saturday. Caught 10 or more off one tree top yesterday. Of the 37 cleaned yesterday 1 was a female. Still early only going to get better.
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Lavon - 04/02/18 02:24 PM

I went to the slip on Friday and didn't get a bite. Went out on Sunday in the boat and fished the dam and caught 1 short crappie and 1 drum. I tried other places without a bite. The water was 63. Dang fish.
Posted By: liltoon

Re: Lavon - 04/02/18 07:28 PM

I went and fished Friday evening at clear lake and brought home 4 keepers. My husband went out Sunday morning and brought back 4 keeper too. They put in at Brotonia and fished in the shallows. He said they caught several small ones.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum