Texas Fishing Forum

Cull tags

Posted By: Txmedic033

Cull tags - 03/25/18 04:52 PM

I have never fished a crappie tournament. How do y'all keep your fish sorted? Do you use cull tags or multiple live wells? Has anyone tried the cheap cull tags that just clip on the lip instead of go through it?
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Cull tags - 03/25/18 05:11 PM

Use marker floats that come with the Rapala scale. The cheap clips will come off fairly easy. I replace the clips with big safety pins that come from Michael's or Hobby Lobby in the craft area. The floats the bass guys use are also OK but are a little over kill for crappie. The colored rubber tubes are OK also but replace the clips. And with the tubes, you need something to write on to keep up with the weights of each color. I saw a new system from Ardent where the floats have dials and you can enter the weight on the floats with 2 dials. BassPro and Cabelas has them. Ardent Smallcull system.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Cull tags - 03/25/18 08:08 PM

At crappie fest we put mine ans Langdons fish on one side of the livewell and Grampys fish on the other. And since kids is just biggest fish I just keep his on a bass float with a metal clip and toss the fish he culls out in the cooler. That said he says we don't need a clip on his fish cause it's the biggest one every time!!! roflmao

Sadly true!!! violin
Posted By: Happie Crappie

Re: Cull tags - 03/26/18 11:42 AM

If you are fishing crappiefest you for sure need to keep your fish separated I'm sure that is a question on the polygraph. The four anglers that are fishing out of my boat will be using colored safety pins that can be found at office or craft stores
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Cull tags - 03/26/18 03:17 PM

We use these: https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-cull-system
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Cull tags - 03/27/18 01:06 AM

I collected some of the useless fishing stuff I had lying around and made a few for Crappiefest. I just need to add some names and some clear nail polish.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum