Texas Fishing Forum

Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water

Posted By: Herron

Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water - 03/25/18 12:27 AM

I pretty much only use black and chartreuse, but I wonder if I might be missing out by not trying other colors. What do you guys use?
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water - 03/25/18 01:40 AM

Just about anything else with Chartreuse in it & If water is really dingy /murky I will step the profile of the bait. 2cents
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water - 03/25/18 02:09 AM

Pank and white...
Posted By: slabcrazy

Re: Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water - 03/25/18 02:49 AM

chart/ ? but I will change the size of bait. from 1/32-1/4 just depends on the wind and depth.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water - 03/25/18 10:21 AM

I don’t fish clear water if I can help it, so I am glad you asked about non-clear water. Green pumpkin/ chart is a favorite and a good color, as is black/chart, purple/chart, red/yellow, red/chart, blue/white, pink/white, black/pink, orange/chart, green, green/white. Blue/clear flake...also, I mostly stay away from painted jigheads...seems fish can see the color of lead better than they can most painted on colors at depth.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, but it will keep you busy for a while and it will help you figure out which direction you want to go, color wise....on the lake(s) you fish.

If I only had one bait, one color and one jig head and I had to use it year round and feed my family....1/16th ball lead-head, #4 hook, Thermocline Black Emerald Shiner would be my pick...if I was limited to using hair jigs, then it would be 1/16th Greasebath made by Jerry’s Jigs.
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water - 03/25/18 11:42 AM

Clear water
https://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/product/white-hot/

Dirty water
https://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/product/midnight-special/

Any water
https://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/product/c-r-special/
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water - 03/25/18 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat
I don’t fish clear water if I can help it, so I am glad you asked about non-clear water. Green pumpkin/ chart is a favorite and a good color, as is black/chart, purple/chart, red/yellow, red/chart, blue/white, pink/white, black/pink, orange/chart, green, green/white. Blue/clear flake...also, I mostly stay away from painted jigheads...seems fish can see the color of lead better than they can most painted on colors at depth.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, but it will keep you busy for a while and it will help you figure out which direction you want to go, color wise....on the lake(s) you fish.

If I only had one bait, one color and one jig head and I had to use it year round and feed my family....1/16th ball lead-head, #4 hook, Thermocline Black Emerald Shiner would be my pick...if I was limited to using hair jigs, then it would be 1/16th Greasebath made by Jerry’s Jigs.

I hope Todd gives you the opportunity to use the best color in muddy water today when you are at Fork.

You can tell us about how you got your arm broke when you get out of the hospital.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water - 03/25/18 03:57 PM

orange and black.
Posted By: rbadley

Re: Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water - 03/25/18 07:02 PM

If I could only use one color in dirty/off colored water it would be purple/chartreuse.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water - 03/26/18 02:48 AM

Non-clear water = blue and white
Posted By: willyrdskillyrd

Re: Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water - 03/26/18 05:25 AM

Electric Chicken aka Pink and Chartreuse
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water - 03/26/18 12:45 PM

Chartreuse, and any combination with it in it. I especially like purple/ chartreuse also.
Posted By: Fishermen's Heaven

Re: Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water - 03/27/18 01:27 PM

Hi everyone, Find some awesome Jigs with great price

http://www.fishermensheaven.com/jigs/
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Favorite Color or Combos for Jigs in Non-Clear Water - 03/27/18 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: SheCrappieKilla
Originally Posted By: crapicat

I hope Todd gives you the opportunity to use the best color in muddy water today when you are at Fork.

You can tell us about how you got your arm broke when you get out of the hospital.

Hey Kirk, yes, I did...in fact, the first day, I didn’t even pull a pole or tackle box out (actually, I didn’t take tackle, just rods) as I wanted to fish a couple his setups...and YES...we fished YOUR COLOR almost exclusively (and I bought some just to try at other lakes)...it took me a while to get the jigging action down on those HUGE baits, but once I did, I was able to boat some nice fish with them.

Oh yea, I almost got my arm broke...if I had gotten a good hook set (did NOT), I would have been showing pics of the new Fork record...I just told todd it must have been a bass (I tried for ten minutes to get her to bite again) but I was heartbroken on missing that fish...right where y’all said it was... bang
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum