Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville

Posted By: DeepSea

Lake Lewisville - 03/13/18 04:33 PM

The family and I will be headed to Lake Lewisville this Thursday - Saturday to try and catch some crappie and catfish. It will be our first trip to the lake and we are excited!! We will have a boat. Looks like the wind will blow hard on Thursday so we might just fish at the barge. How has the crappie fishing been lately?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Lake Lewisville - 03/13/18 04:41 PM

Crappie have been tough from what I am hearing. You might can find a few in the creeks. If I were going, that is where I would be checking. As for the barge, it is always hit or miss, mostly miss.

Re: Lake Lewisville - 03/13/18 05:07 PM

Thanks for the info fishin'aholic2. What boat ramp would you recommend?
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Lake Lewisville - 03/13/18 05:50 PM

The fish are a bit confused at the moment. some are still deep and we have others already spawning. most of my normal spring spawning holes look great, and are about the right water temp, but the water is super muddy. I bet we start HAMMERING them in the shallow water REAL soon. by real soon i mean when the water clears a little and they stop letting water out of the lake. that probably wont happen as long as they are letting water out of Ray Bob though. when it does you'll find me chunking slip bobbers with minnows in all the little spawning coves on the north end of the lake (south eventually).

This weekend id go to a creek, back of warmer coves (find 59 plus degree water), or fish the barge.

for sake of the spawn debate these fish were all caught in 2-5FOW this past weekend. look at how pretty the males are.

Re: Lake Lewisville - 03/21/18 04:43 PM

Thank you for the great information. We had a great time but the fishing was tough due to wind and water color. We only caught a few keepers. Warmest water temp we saw was 59. We tried all depths but just could figure it out. Might have something to do with the 5 kids in the boat...lol We launched at little elm and never got farther than 1 mile away due to the rough water. The wind prevented us from traveling too far on the lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum