Texas Fishing Forum

pallets for crappie

Posted By: B-Deuces

pallets for crappie - 03/12/18 06:47 PM

anyone sunk pallets and had success?
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: pallets for crappie - 03/12/18 07:10 PM

They would work but take WAY more weight to sink compared to brush. I also would think they are easy to hang up on.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: pallets for crappie - 03/12/18 10:48 PM

No...I would rather sink a tree trunk...
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: pallets for crappie - 03/12/18 10:54 PM

You can straighten a lot of hooks with a pallet... just sayin' eeks
Posted By: Marc-62

Re: pallets for crappie - 03/12/18 11:57 PM

I've made about 5 different pallet fishing holes in my local lake. They hold a lot of fish I sink mine with 6 ft. sections of 24 in. concrete pipe. You will need to tie pallet to pipe, I used stainless steel wire.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: pallets for crappie - 03/13/18 02:17 AM

If they ever drain the lake, folks are going to wonder how all that pipe and wire got there. I heard that Stonehenge was actually a pre-historic giant crappie attractor, back when the water was higher.
Posted By: NightStalker79

Re: pallets for crappie - 03/13/18 03:19 AM

I have made them successfully. Did one with four parallel pallets standing on edge, each a foot apart that was a real killer until it rotted away. As mentioned, they are hard to sink. I left mine floating by the dock for 4 days before sinking which helped a lot to decrease the required ballast. Many pallets are hardwood which helps them last longer.
Posted By: C.M.

Re: pallets for crappie - 03/13/18 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed-n-eddy
If they ever drain the lake, folks are going to wonder how all that pipe and wire got there. I heard that Stonehenge was actually a pre-historic giant crappie attractor, back when the water was higher.

Yes, I think they mention it in Old Testament. Noah (before his new assignment) was an avid crappie angler -- planted lots of them, only few survived though...
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: pallets for crappie - 03/13/18 08:51 PM

3 pallets in a triangle to a pile, rocks stacked on top of bottom pallet and secured with chain link fencing. Used zip-ties to secure everything.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: pallets for crappie - 03/13/18 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Marc-62
I've made about 5 different pallet fishing holes in my local lake. They hold a lot of fish I sink mine with 6 ft. sections of 24 in. concrete pipe. You will need to tie pallet to pipe, I used stainless steel wire.

You must be exceptionally Strong... 6 foot section of 24 inch concrete pipe.
Posted By: Marc-62

Re: pallets for crappie - 03/14/18 12:30 AM

Putting the 5 links of pipe & 5 pallets on the bow of the boat is the real trick. Have to have a long shaft motor to have the prop in the water. And you do this in the dark so you don't give away your spots.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum