Texas Fishing Forum

Proctor or Leon?

Posted By: willyrdskillyrd

Proctor or Leon? - 03/05/18 05:33 PM

Which would be the better lake to bank fish on? And if someone could point me in the right direction of where to go to bank fish at either of those lakes I’d appreciate it. I know of La Mancha at Leon but that’s about it.
Posted By: fridays86

Re: Proctor or Leon? - 03/06/18 05:46 AM

The docks in Sewell Creek park and Copperas Park at Proctor should be firing up, also many years ago one could walk up into Sewell Creek and catch a few. There is also Jones Crossing on Proctor, that is a bridge that crosses the Leon River. Been a long time since I fished that and do not remember quite how to get there.Get you a float tube and fish the bluff across the Sewell Creek bridge.

Re: Proctor or Leon? - 03/06/18 06:16 AM

Originally Posted By: fridays86
The docks in Sewell Creek park and Copperas Park at Proctor should be firing up, also many years ago one could walk up into Sewell Creek and catch a few. There is also Jones Crossing on Proctor, that is a bridge that crosses the Leon River. Been a long time since I fished that and do not remember quite how to get there.Get you a float tube and fish the bluff across the Sewell Creek bridge.
Thanks, that helps a lot!
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Proctor or Leon? - 03/06/18 11:32 AM

Lamancha has been hammered mercilessly, not sure I would head that way...
Posted By: WesTex47

Re: Proctor or Leon? - 03/06/18 07:43 PM

You have the two boat ramps and La Mancha at Leon, not much else. La Mancha really is heavily fished and from what I hear the Lake Leon Crappie really stick to all the docks like glue for the bulk of the year. The Ramp at the damn you MIGHT have a small chance of catching one on the glory hole side, but unless you can get up and around some of the docks I think you would be wasting your time.

If we were talking Bass or catfish or even drum those few places can be decently productive, but I just don't see it happening for Crappie unless you brave La Mancha.
Posted By: WestTxJiggin

Re: Proctor or Leon? - 03/07/18 12:03 AM

Fished Leon on Friday in the boat and bite was very slow. La Mancha probably had 30 ppl fishing it. Way to crowded for my liking.

Re: Proctor or Leon? - 03/07/18 06:34 AM

Fished/Explored Proctor for a couple hours this evening, just hit Sowell Creek dock and the lake side of the dam. Nothing to show for it though. Real windy and just not a very fishy day.
Posted By: fridays86

Re: Proctor or Leon? - 03/08/18 05:42 AM

If the water temp on Proctor is between 52-56 they may be hard to find! Give it about 10 days unless the temps really jump up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum