Texas Fishing Forum

Skunked on Lewisville

Posted By: markchat

Skunked on Lewisville - 03/04/18 11:42 PM

Fished several hours this am and didn’t catch a fish. 2 boats. 4 guys. Jugs and minnows. Fished bridges, bp’s and Hickory Creek. Water was pretty muddy from all the rain. Anybody do any good there today?
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Skunked on Lewisville - 03/04/18 11:46 PM

Not surprising considering the conditions. Water needs to clear and stabilize before the bite picks up.
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Skunked on Lewisville - 03/05/18 12:11 AM

Caught 8 Nice ones on the dock. Just ate them. Mmmmm Good.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Skunked on Lewisville - 03/05/18 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: ERNEST PATY
Caught 8 Nice ones on the dock. Just ate them. Mmmmm Good.
roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Skunked on Lewisville - 03/05/18 01:28 AM

It’s unbelievable how sucky it’s fishing compared to last year
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Skunked on Lewisville - 03/05/18 02:16 AM

An influx of water like we have had this year will do that. It will get better with time if it stops flooding.
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Skunked on Lewisville - 03/05/18 03:16 AM

Caught the first one of the year today with super black coloring. That was the highlight though. Had a good group of fisherman today and we only caught a few. We had been in fire until this rain and water level fluctuation took place.

Don’t feel bad. No one is in them thick right now that I know of. Today was humbling.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Skunked on Lewisville - 03/05/18 05:12 PM

Sometime the fish win,..glad to see someone actually admits that they didnt max out everyday.
I went to Fork to fish Fri-Sun after seeing the weather report,..Fished all day Friday and all we did
was get the boat dirty...we 'd catch one here and one there,..but they were lockjaw for us.
That's ok, They can run but they can't hide for long.

fish
` hooked I know where they live. food
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Skunked on Lewisville - 03/05/18 07:18 PM

Saturday @ Lewisville was a fun day for ole Fishbonz fish
Posted By: Jr the crappie king

Re: Skunked on Lewisville - 03/05/18 07:37 PM

Slabs were biting at the docks. Fishbonz was wearing them out sat. I picked up where he left off sun.
Posted By: Bottom_Bouncer

Re: Skunked on Lewisville - 03/06/18 12:09 AM

Lewisville can be tough in February.....the CAT results proved that to be true. It's the month I dislike the most for fishing. I think the influx of water...the lake come up 5' in short order...has made the bite tough but that should all start to change soon. That 5' of water and a full lake should make for a good spawn and good fishing this year. It just needs a little time to settle.
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Skunked on Lewisville - 03/06/18 05:07 PM

Jacky Wiggins and I partnered up and won the division one group during the CAT tourney. since then the crappie have been slow.
Posted By: Big_CatEM

Re: Skunked on Lewisville - 03/08/18 12:20 AM

Was going to head to the dock after only 2 days off the past 3 1/2 weeks. Sounds like they may picking up some.
Posted By: Big_CatEM

Re: Skunked on Lewisville - 03/08/18 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
Saturday @ Lewisville was a fun day for ole Fishbonz fish

Good, I need some R&R as it's been a pretty darn busy 2018 at work. Looking forward to some R&R.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum