Texas Fishing Forum

Insulated vs drainer frabill bucket

Posted By: Catfanman

Insulated vs drainer frabill bucket - 03/03/18 01:50 AM

I was wondering which is better and which will keep your minnows alive longer im going to lake tawakoni March the 15 and was wondering which should I use
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Insulated vs drainer frabill bucket - 03/03/18 03:00 AM

An insulated bucket is always best for year round. Most anything will work in March will cool temps. Summer months are much tougher to keep bait alive. A good insulated bucket with aerator is a must have.
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Insulated vs drainer frabill bucket - 03/03/18 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
An insulated bucket is always best for year round. Most anything will work in March will cool temps. Summer months are much tougher to keep bait alive. A good insulated bucket with aerator is a must have.

THIS! If you can only have one the insulated bucket is the best to have. It's worth the little bit extra.
Posted By: shady_grady

Re: Insulated vs drainer frabill bucket - 03/03/18 04:39 AM

when i use minnows i like the old galvanized bucket with the floating bucket tied off in the lake.i keep a 5 gallon bucket by my seat with about a half dozen close at hand.when i run out i dip out some fresh ones.if you are on fish that are biting it dont matter if they are dead or alive. dont throw your dead ones away until you give up and go home.ive caught a bunch of em on dead and even pieces of minnows.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Insulated vs drainer frabill bucket - 03/03/18 05:09 AM

A white plastic bucket with an aerorator from Walmart is all I use....throw a bottle with frozen lake water in it when the water gets hot.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum