Texas Fishing Forum

I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday!

Posted By: Ole’ Pops

I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/10/18 02:20 PM

Thanks for watching! You can see more Crappie fishing videos at www.FleFly.com
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/10/18 02:59 PM

Good tip. I just slide a bobber stop on my line before tie on my jig. Trim off both ends. I can slide the stop up or down during the day depending on the depth of fish.
Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/10/18 03:41 PM

Cool idea. But, what happens if you get a big fish and it pulls drag past the "15" foot mark, and you can't get the rubber band off in time?
Posted By: leanin post

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/10/18 03:46 PM

heck yeah..great tip.!!!! hey you know that fle fly lure flavor, sometimes when nothing else works, I try the fle fly lure flavor and they bite. It smells funny, kind of like cough syrup, but the crappie like it. when I run out I will buy more.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/10/18 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan_n_Texas
Cool idea. But, what happens if you get a big fish and it pulls drag past the "15" foot mark, and you can't get the rubber band off in time?
the line will still peel off the spool from the pressure of a large fish.The rubberband doesn`t "STOP" the spool it just binds the line @ a certain depth.

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/12/18 06:46 PM

Thanks leanin post! cheers

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/12/18 06:47 PM

Exactly! Thanks Fishbonz! cheers
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/12/18 10:53 PM

Good information. cheers
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/13/18 11:49 AM

Thanks for the share
Posted By: DNA

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/13/18 02:33 PM

That's a new trick I saw. Thanks.
Posted By: Eric

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/13/18 03:06 PM

A wider rubber band works much better than a thinner one
Posted By: fray

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/14/18 11:06 AM

Thanks
Posted By: Wishing fishing

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/14/18 03:29 PM

Great must try

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/14/18 11:36 PM

WELCOME! cheers
Posted By: wooddiver

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/15/18 11:20 AM

Will try this next trip.
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/20/18 01:17 AM

I use 1.5 inch bands used by women for pony tails. The are fuzzy making it easy to remove or adjust and will allow line to pull off in the event the drag is needed for that occassionally hungry cat.
$2.75 for card of 22 at Dollar store.
Posted By: Abbott (MCM Tackle)

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/20/18 01:55 PM

nice tip may have to try it with my kids

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/20/18 05:51 PM

It works great! Good Luck! thumb
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: I bet some of you know this Crappie fishing trick, but I didn't until Friday! - 02/20/18 08:51 PM

Fella sure had a lot of twist in his line........
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum