Texas Fishing Forum

hook2 7 explanation please

Posted By: sac-a-lait me

hook2 7 explanation please - 02/08/18 11:19 PM

http://www.cabelas.com/product/LOWRANCE-...mp;gclsrc=aw.ds

Is this ad for real? I watched the video and all it just seems like getting gps/si/di for 400 bucks is too good to be true
Posted By: MeatHauler

Re: hook2 7 explanation please - 02/09/18 12:18 AM

OK, so yes, it kind of is too good to be true. I mean, sure, you are getting all of that for $400, and the images are great.

BUT

the GPS is ONLY GPS. No maps. You can't even add maps with a card. You need to buy the Chartplotter model to get mapping with the GPS. That will run you another $200. I don't know how anyone can get by without maps personally.

Re: hook2 7 explanation please - 02/09/18 01:07 AM

Is it like a generic white screen or do you think it has basic waterbodies with less detail? I'm just looking to save waypoints and have the ability to navigate back to them.

Re: hook2 7 explanation please - 02/09/18 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: sac-a-lait me
Is it like a generic white screen or do you think it has basic waterbodies with less detail? I'm just looking to save waypoints and have the ability to navigate back to them.

It's a plain white screen, but it does record trails and waypoints. I tried to put my Navionics card in one to see what would happen, so that's how I know it won't do any mapping at all. I think they did that to compete with some of the lower priced Garmin units with GPS but no maps.

Re: hook2 7 explanation please - 02/09/18 02:51 AM

Awesome thanks for breaking it down for me
Posted By: FishnDenton

Re: hook2 7 explanation please - 02/09/18 02:58 AM

I have the hook 7 without the side scan. Anyone know if these two will link?
Posted By: texasranger

Re: hook2 7 explanation please - 02/14/18 12:14 PM

It shows that you can upgrade to c-map or navionics.
Posted By: cobryan: OB'S Guide Service

Re: hook2 7 explanation please - 02/14/18 02:24 PM

From what i have been told they wont link. I have a hook7 and just purchased a hook2 7 and they said they wont link.
Posted By: DNA

Re: hook2 7 explanation please - 02/14/18 03:30 PM

I don't need map, so hook2 7 gives me all I want: sonar, downscan, sidescan and GPS track.

Originally Posted By: sac-a-lait me
http://www.cabelas.com/product/LOWRANCE-...mp;gclsrc=aw.ds

Is this ad for real? I watched the video and all it just seems like getting gps/si/di for 400 bucks is too good to be true

Re: hook2 7 explanation please - 02/14/18 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: cobryan
From what i have been told they wont link. I have a hook7 and just purchased a hook2 7 and they said they wont link.

Correct, neither model has networking of any kind.

Originally Posted By: DNA
I don't need map, so hook2 7 gives me all I want: sonar, downscan, sidescan and GPS track.

I think you're crazy, but I'm glad you can save the extra $200 on the mapping model and be happy. smile
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: hook2 7 explanation please - 02/14/18 08:43 PM

Why do you need a map? If you have waypoints and trails, that will get you back to anywhere on the lake.

Wonder if a boat lane card will load?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum